Kegs of Fortifying Powder... should they really be reusable, indefinitely ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,974
edited June 15 in General Discussions

As we know, the Kegs to hold up to 250 fortifying powder are a Reward from Tinker BODs.

Now, when empty, they do not "poof" and can get reused indefinitely....

So, they become more and more and more... eventually making them so many that the point of getting them from BODs becomes pointless as already too many of them exist.

Shouldn't they then perhaps be changed so that they get, upon being generated as a BOD reward, a limited life such as to hold 250 charges and when emptied out of those 250 charges they go "poof" making it again sense to keep doing BODs to get them ?

After all, the bottles that hold 10 charges of Powder of Fortifying when their 10 charges expire, they go "poof"... why shouldn't also the kegs then go "poof" after their 250 charges they can hold are finished ?

Comments ?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,109
    popps said:

As we know, the Kegs to hold up to 250 fortifying powder are a Reward from Tinker BODs.

So, they become more and more and more... eventually making them so many that the point of getting them from BODs becomes pointless as already too many of them exist.

Shouldn't they then perhaps be changed so that they get, upon being generated as a BOD reward, a limited life such as to hold 250 charges and when emptied out of those 250 charges they go "poof" making it again sense to keep doing BODs to get them ?

After all, the bottles that hold 10 charges of Powder of Fortifying when their 10 charges expire, they go "poof"... why shouldn't also the kegs then go "poof" after their 250 charges they can hold are finished ?

Comments ?
    If it bothers you toss yours when empty 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,384
    In my opinion this idea makes very little sense. If you have powder keg, maybe 2, you just don't claim any more, you just claim powder to keep filling them. They are only a reward if you choose to claim one, and even if you sell them on a vendor, you won't claim one unless the vendor has sold one? I fail to see how there would be a glut of them when no one who doesn't need one will claim it?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,240
    Kegs of Fort work just like regular potion kegs... keep reusing them forever.

This has to be some sort of troll though because popps is the guy that wants an easy button for everything but now he wants kegs of fort to be harder to get for some reason? Where is UK Jack when we need him??
  • MariahMariah Posts: 3,022Moderator
    keven2002 said:

This has to be some sort of troll though because popps is the guy that wants an easy button for everything but now he wants kegs of fort to be harder to get for some reason? Where is UK Jack when we need him??

Being good and staying away from this thread, I hope!
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,901
    edited June 15
    Mariah said:
    keven2002 said:

Being good and staying away from this thread, I hope!
    I'm sure he'll be along shortly. (unless you lock it before then that is) 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,901
    popps said:

Comments ?
    My comment is this, If you don't want them, don't pick that reward.Serious question here, are you just making threads for the sake of making threads, or are you Trolling?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 949
    I don't have a problem with them working the same way every other keg does.

I'd like a 'fill from container' option for the PoF kegs though, so you don't have to click and drag ever PoF to fill the keg.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,331
    Going to be honest, I think this is bit of a non-topic, like everyone else has responded.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,236
    @popps yes not everyone wants to buy empty pof kegs.  But they do sell.

Fill the kegs with pof.  Players with empty kegs will buy full kegs if they are crafting.

Singles of pof are not common on LS.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,308
    By your reasoning then all kegs should poof when emptied.  Why do potion bottles not poof when emptied?