Arena Fixes

CookieCookie Posts: 1,409
edited June 14 in General Discussions
I know a lot of people don't use arenas, but quite a few of us do actually, we find them a great place to train up and talk through tactics, templates and ideas. And just find them fun.

If you are in the same guild - the Green, and Orange properties on characters do not work properly.
This means - potions, fields and area spells do not work against guild-mates - as although players on opposite teams show as Orange in arena, the game thinks they are still Green.

Please could these be fixed, this is especially in Teams mode. It may even be in Survival mode also.

PS. Pure mages love Arena. :D

Comments

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    make people less 'invulnerable' and people might use arenas more than just 'guild' events.

x-shard available arena fights would be nice, it would also be nice if there were larger arenas with some obstacles -geared more for group fights,   maybe the old faction bases could be used for that.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,409
    edited June 16
    CovenantX said:
    make people less 'invulnerable' and people might use arenas more than just 'guild' events.

x-shard available arena fights would be nice, it would also be nice if there were larger arenas with some obstacles -geared more for group fights,   maybe the old faction bases could be used for that.
    In Teams mode, you are absolutely not invulnerable and fights are a lot of fun - weaker team players get found out very fast. And stronger ones shine also.

In 1v1 - it is quite logical, 2 players of equal ability, will stalemate and get a draw, so I do not have a problem with this. Logically, all top end pvpers will draw 1v1. Unless it is a rock paper scissors set-up, in which case there is litlte point doing it anyway.

So the real value, and fun of arenas these days, is certainly in Teams mode.

In terms of more players wanting to do it outside of guilds. Some players will arena with everyone, many in guilds will not, they do not want to arena against players they don't actually like that much. Nothing will get over that. It's not just about the arena mechanism.

• CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 979
    I don't disagree,  However, the reason there aren't one vs one fights almost at all anymore, is because of all the damage mitigation everyone has.   that started to become the norm when global loot came out,  fish pie buffs (no longer affecting pvp), armor refinements, that go one-way.. cause it's literally never worth refining for +DCI and - Damage Resistances cause spells.  and parry also bolsters the refinement bit even more to compensate the very small loss in DCI.      I personally refine most of my suits even when I don't have parry on, for pvp, and my 'dexers' don't even run dci at their cap most of the time.

.  -there's no reason not to refine for all 75-80s resistances for Pvm, DCI doesn't seem to have much/any impact against npcs (especially the ones that don't use an actual weapon, but that's beside the point)

Potions though not particularly an issue for Arenas, since there's an option to disable potion use once inside. (there aren't many players that do not automate potions based on their own % HP, poison status, etc)  - the issue here is of course, third-party clients.   -I've been increasingly anti-consumable since third-party clients have been more and more prevalent,  now it's almost as low as your chance to hit the lottery to find someone who isn't using a third-party client, it's so bad anymore. 

Parry - everyone has the highest possible chance to avoid weapon-based damage.  so naturally, most players are going to go with skills that bypass that avoidance completely - spells.  *evade blocks spells, but there's a short window (up to 6 (3) seconds, most do not reach this cap in duration, as it requires anatomy & tactics skill at 100 to achieve this) and then 14 (17) seconds of downtime where you know spells will not be evaded).   -fortunately for this one, third-party clients aren't what is breaking it, however, fixing parry would cause people to die slightly faster against most templates, while it would skew more in favor of primarily weapon users, since spells aren't affected by parry alone, which would give less leeway for third-party programs to continue to compensate for player mistakes.   favoring the non-cheaters of course..

-if 'cheats are detectable' why aren't they doing anything about it, pvp should be first priority when it comes to that, However, If it's detectable, prevention/interruptions to those programs use' should be automated regardless of what the 'cheats' are being used for.

Cookie said:
    CovenantX said:

In 1v1 - it is quite logical, 2 players of equal ability, will stalemate and get a draw, so I do not have a problem with this. Logically, all top end pvpers will draw 1v1. Unless it is a rock paper scissors set-up, in which case there is litlte point doing it anyway.
        during the ~imbuing era and pretty much since the beginning, I don't recall really seeing many 'draws' in one vs one fights unless there was a time-limit in a tournament or something. 

early-global loot era, draws were more consistent because both sides would run out of mana and get bored repeating that.   Or they'd keep going and the first to run out of consumables loses.  -now I probably haven't seen any one vs one fights in over a year, and it's been somewhat rare for many years.. 

in summary, Fix Parry, Fix Third-party clients & pvp will be great, both in one vs one and in group fights.  it's basically been groups-only for the greater part of about 5 years or so.  
    Arena's will become more popular as pvp in general becomes more popular.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659