As the Event continues, and less players will do the Void Pool, perhaps a change is needed ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,959
edited April 25 in General Discussions

This might not be necessary on Atlantic, but on lowly populated Shards, perhaps yes.

What change am I suggesting ?

To make Pirate Has drops more likely for lower waves because fewer people can only stand so far the waves and if only 5 or 6 players are doing the Void Pool, there is only so many waves that they can get through but because of the lower drop chances at lower waves, as it currently is, it makes the Void Pool no longer a viable collection method on lower Population Shards.

This, also because of the 15 minutes in between Void Pool restarts which is a dead time for drops.

Say that 5 people can only get to wave 25ish or so, they are lucky as it is now if they can get 2 or maybe 3 Pirate Hats and then they got to wait 15 minutes for the Void Pool restarting.

Basically, in an hour they can only get a handful of Pirate Hats which makes the Void Pool no longer viable as it currently is for lower population Shards were not many players might be available to do the Void Pool.

Yes, I know, there is other collection methods available... but what about those players actually enjoying collecting Pirate Hats with the Void Pool ? They would have much less options on Shards where less players might be available to participate in the Void Pool.

Increasing Pirate Hats drops chances for lower waves would address this issue of a shortage of players available to do the Void Pool and still make it viable for those lesser players willing to do it as a collection method of their preference for Pirate Hats.

Anyways, just a thought.... @Kyronix ?

Comments

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    short answer to yet another long winded tome.   GO FISHING OR TREASURE HUNTING  if there are no players in the void pool anymore the devs gave you other options didn't they
    And once again stop talking for others, you do not represent anyone but yourself , so back to the first person please.  me me me me me me me me me me me me me.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    Why don't you have 500 hats already?

Void pool is not the fastest way for a solo player to get hats. I told all of you what to do to get hats before the event began.  I made at least 3 threads telling you to plan, get ready, and succeed.  And it just happens to give the most volume of hats to a solo player and you rely on no one.

Void Pool is fun if you like killing stuff in a frenzy.

How many hats are you getting an hour from void pool? 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    I think you should provide proof that you have actually done any of the event before you can come here and tell us drop rates and expected drop rates in the future.

How many hundreds of maps or SoS have you done?

How many beacons have you done? Ships? 

If you did 1 beacon you would not be making this thread.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    Pawain said:
    Why don't you have 500 hats already?

Void pool is not the fastest way for a solo player to get hats. I told all of you what to do to get hats before the event began.  I made at least 3 threads telling you to plan, get ready, and succeed.  And it just happens to give the most volume of hats to a solo player and you rely on no one.

Void Pool is fun if you like killing stuff in a frenzy.

How many hats are you getting an hour from void pool? 
    My average is like 20ish in about an hour (like 2 runs of the Void Pool including the 15 minutes downtime in between) when the number of players is not sufficient to go past 40-45 waves then, when there is a sufficient number of players to go up to like 50-55 waves I might go to 30-35 drops in an hour. The problem is, that due to real life issues I have a hard time to log most players are online (not Atlantic when there is often players around) and so, I end up often with only being able to do the Void Pool with less then 5 players... yesterday, I did it with only 2 other players and we could only get to wave 30ish before getting overwhelmed... 2 or 3 hats for that run...
    What do your real life issues have to do with UO?   EVERYONE has problems, and everyone else in this game can overcome their issues

READ what Pawain said previously. I just had a go with 2 beacons ( 3 accts) and got a ton of hats and mythical cargo in less that 20 minutes

There are other ways to get drops in this event, you just want everything on a plate handed to you with NO effort on your part.

As per usual 

Everyone else knew that when the cheats have got their fill they will move on, probably to the next shard. This was inevitable

Time for you to put to sea now Popps if the void pool is dead

Or maybe you can insist that everyone on your shard re-arranges their time zones, work and life to suit your play time window?  Sure they will change everything to cater to your needs

(You have not realised since 2017 when you started bombarding the forum with nonsense that nobody has changed how they play to change your nappy)

YOU have to adapt
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    edited April 26
    Pawain said:
    I think you should provide proof that you have actually done any of the event before you can come here and tell us drop rates and expected drop rates in the future.

I have decided not to do Treasure Maps because it takes too long to get one done for me, yes, I have read of players mentioning doing 20 maps in an hour, or marking all spots for a good number of Treasure Maps, and then use a Glorious Potion and recall from one rune to another already marked to dig all chests up in a quick series, without dealing with the Spawn nor opening the Chests so as to use the bonus from the Glorious Potion on the highest number of chests possible and then, when the hour of the Glorious Potion bonus is over, go back to all Chests to actually open them up and retrieve all of the stuff but I do not like this way of playing, it is not for me.
    Also, digged up chest have a decay timer, if I recall it as correct, not sure how long it is, but I would hate to go into that much trouble and then, to find the chests having gone with all of their contents.

Beacons... I have given it a try but I also find it too slow in between false trackings which lead me to players' ships rather then NPCs and while Beacons may have a decent number of Hats drops, Dread Pirates and Merchant ships have less and, as we know, in order to see Beacons spawn it is necessary to also attack (and board and loot ?) Dread Pirates and Merchant Ships for them to despawn and give a chance to a Beacon to spawn and this also takes time.

In the end, for a player with limited time to play, the most efficient option seems to be the Void Pool but while on Atlantic it is relatively easy to find players doing the Void Pool at any time of the day, on other Shard with a lesser population it is not the same... outside of prime gaming time for that shard it could well be that only a handfull of players might be available off time, so to speak, to participate to the Void Pool.

And, with the current setting that lower waves have a lower chance at dropping Pirate Hats, it is obvious that when only a few players are available to participate to the Void Pool, they might not be able to get too much far with the waves before getting overwhelmed and, therefore, can only get very little Pirate Hats drops per each wave that they can do.

My other thinking is that, with the Event going on, and more and more players getting the Rewards that they want, I imagine that less and less players will want to participate to the Void Pool having already fullfilled their Rewards needs... and this will mean, especially for lower populated Shards, even less players being available to join others at the Void Pool and, consequentially, less waves that can be handled and thus less Pirate Hats drops possible for those still doing the Void Pool.

This, to my opinion, could be handled by raising the chances to get Pirate Hats drops also at lower waves.

How about, linking this increased Pirate Hats drop chance at lower waves to the number of Players who are present in the Void Pool ?

The Void pool can already tell how many players are doing it, right ?

So, the Pirate Hats drops could be adjusted by the number of players doing the Void Pool.

If they are, say, up to 3, the chances at Pirate Hats drops could be raised up to say, wave 30ish which is on average what 3 players might be able to handle, if the players are 5 or 6, then the increase could be less for the lower waves which 6 players can handle more easily but be increased, say, past wave 30 when things start to get harder also for 6 players and up to wave 40-45 which, I think, is when things start to get more difficult to handle... and so forth.

Bottom line is, make it more dynamic so that, when less players are at the Void Pool where they can handle only lower waves, they can still get a decent chance at Pirate drops during that Void Pool run that was to stop at like 30 or 40 waves because of the low number of players participating.

This way, also players on lower population Shards could still be able to get their Pirate Hats drops at the Void Pool even when only a few players are participating.

@Kyronix , do you think this could be possible ?
    You are wasting your limited time.  Just look how long that post is above.  As if anyone is going to read that 

thought you had limited time and issues. 

Get on a ship with the valuable time you have left   You could have had over 30 hats in this time 
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,861
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

I have decided not to do Treasure Maps because it takes too long to get one done for me, yes, I have read of players mentioning doing 20 maps in an hour, or marking all spots for a good number of Treasure Maps, and then use a Glorious Potion and recall from one rune to another already marked to dig all chests up in a quick series, without dealing with the Spawn nor opening the Chests so as to use the bonus from the Glorious Potion on the highest number of chests possible and then, when the hour of the Glorious Potion bonus is over, go back to all Chests to actually open them up and retrieve all of the stuff but I do not like this way of playing, it is not for me.
    Also, digged up chest have a decay timer, if I recall it as correct, not sure how long it is, but I would hate to go into that much trouble and then, to find the chests having gone with all of their contents.

Beacons... I have given it a try but I also find it too slow in between false trackings which lead me to players' ships rather then NPCs and while Beacons may have a decent number of Hats drops, Dread Pirates and Merchant ships have less and, as we know, in order to see Beacons spawn it is necessary to also attack (and board and loot ?) Dread Pirates and Merchant Ships for them to despawn and give a chance to a Beacon to spawn and this also takes time.

In the end, for a player with limited time to play, the most efficient option seems to be the Void Pool but while on Atlantic it is relatively easy to find players doing the Void Pool at any time of the day, on other Shard with a lesser population it is not the same... outside of prime gaming time for that shard it could well be that only a handfull of players might be available off time, so to speak, to participate to the Void Pool.

And, with the current setting that lower waves have a lower chance at dropping Pirate Hats, it is obvious that when only a few players are available to participate to the Void Pool, they might not be able to get too much far with the waves before getting overwhelmed and, therefore, can only get very little Pirate Hats drops per each wave that they can do.

My other thinking is that, with the Event going on, and more and more players getting the Rewards that they want, I imagine that less and less players will want to participate to the Void Pool having already fullfilled their Rewards needs... and this will mean, especially for lower populated Shards, even less players being available to join others at the Void Pool and, consequentially, less waves that can be handled and thus less Pirate Hats drops possible for those still doing the Void Pool.

This, to my opinion, could be handled by raising the chances to get Pirate Hats drops also at lower waves.

How about, linking this increased Pirate Hats drop chance at lower waves to the number of Players who are present in the Void Pool ?

The Void pool can already tell how many players are doing it, right ?

So, the Pirate Hats drops could be adjusted by the number of players doing the Void Pool.

If they are, say, up to 3, the chances at Pirate Hats drops could be raised up to say, wave 30ish which is on average what 3 players might be able to handle, if the players are 5 or 6, then the increase could be less for the lower waves which 6 players can handle more easily but be increased, say, past wave 30 when things start to get harder also for 6 players and up to wave 40-45 which, I think, is when things start to get more difficult to handle... and so forth.

Bottom line is, make it more dynamic so that, when less players are at the Void Pool where they can handle only lower waves, they can still get a decent chance at Pirate drops during that Void Pool run that was to stop at like 30 or 40 waves because of the low number of players participating.

This way, also players on lower population Shards could still be able to get their Pirate Hats drops at the Void Pool even when only a few players are participating.

@ Kyronix , do you think this could be possible ?
    I'm not going to read this verbal vomit post but will pick the first part:

"I have decided not to do Treasure Maps because it takes too long to get one done for me"

I have been doing supply only and am averaging two hats per. I can complete one in less than 5 minutes. I do that until i am bored of it, I then go to do pirates/beacons until i grow tired of that. then i do SOS. I only get about 6 hours a week to play on average and i have amassed about 600 hats since it started (including the pre-start on Origin) You can do this if you want to, but your goal is not to get hats but to debate on the forums about why you cannot. go play the game popps, i promise you if you just do that, you will get what you want. Do not bother to reply because i won't be back to this post to avoid getting banned.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,997Moderator
    This event is active until mid July, unless you're planning to stock vendors with the items, there is no great need to be getting them by the 1000 daily.
    There are no pirate hats to be found through posting on this forum
This discussion has been closed.