Is there a fix for this? Two "problems", regarding tree foliage and Eodon in UO Automap

LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 58
edited April 23 in General Discussions
Hi, I have a problem with the tree foliage in the classic client, and I would like to know if there's a permanent fix for it, I only know how to fix it temporarily. It's especially annoying during the part where you're searching for a treasure chest at spots where there's a lot of foliage.

So what happens is that the foliage doesn't clear when you walk underneath it and you want to see the ground below the trees. When you're in this situation you can't see your character through the foliage, nor the ground.

Turning up circle of transparency doesn't help. The only solution I currently know that works is to "reset" the way the classic client shows the foliage by marking a rune, recall away and then recall back to the spot you just marked. The foliage will then have cleared and you can see your character and the ground again.

Does anyone else recognize this problem and knows of a more permanent solution besides marking > recalling away > recalling back? 

I do a lot of t-maps, regularly and now a lot more due to the hats event. It's starting to become annoying, and I really don't want to search for any tree hacks or whatever.

Second problem I am having is getting the Eodon landmass to appear in UO Automap. So far my workaround for Eodon t-maps has been activating the X-Ray map when in Eodon, which will show *some* parts of the Eodon landmass in UO Automap. These visual parts is the bare minimum needed to find the Eodon t-map locations, but I would love to have the Eodon map in full. So, is there an easy fix to get the map shown in UO Automap? Is there a map I need to download? I can't find anything on the UO Automap page and Google searches lead me to dead threads from several years ago.

Kind regards,

LeBaiton

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,995Moderator
    @LeBaiton, look for Kojak's automap update on Stratics.
  • LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 58
    Mariah said:
    @ LeBaiton, look for Kojak's automap update on Stratics.
    Awesome, found it, that worked for the Eodon map problem I had!

Here's to hoping anyone knows a permanent fix regarding the foliage problem I described?