General Chat

Okay, help me out.  I’ve looked but can’t see what I’ve messed up.

why is my general chat now only showing up in my journal instead of the bottom left corner like usual?

Or is this a new change?  I want to opt out of it.

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,212
    I don't know why.
    Your chat color is set to black.  You need to change the color,  I can never get it back to the blue.


    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 310
    Pawain said:
    I don't know why.
    Your chat color is set to black.  You need to change the color,  I can never get it back to the blue.


    That’s odd, is there a bug?  I don’t remember actively changing any text colors. 

    I’ll give it a shot and see what happens.

    thanks!


  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,212
    I have had it happen to me twice over the years and it makes it so you can not see Gen Chat in the bottom left.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 937
    Oreogl said:
    Okay, help me out.  I’ve looked but can’t see what I’ve messed up.

    why is my general chat now only showing up in my journal instead of the bottom left corner like usual?

    Or is this a new change?  I want to opt out of it.
       I've had this happen as well, my 'default' text color changed somehow (I think it was because I had logged on another shard/character I hadn't played in a long time, and didn't change/save options before logging out) and then for whatever reason, every character had their chat text color changed to black, which doesn't show up on screen, instead only in journal.

     I'm not exactly sure what caused it, I assume as  i say, it was because I had logged in to an old character without saving settings, but that's just speculation.  but it often changes other options too, like 'enable frame skipping' etc.  nonetheless, it's annoying AF.

    There should be a 'global settings' option that actually works when options are saved once they should be set for every shard/character.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 310
    CovenantX said:
    Oreogl said:
    Okay, help me out.  I’ve looked but can’t see what I’ve messed up.

    why is my general chat now only showing up in my journal instead of the bottom left corner like usual?

    Or is this a new change?  I want to opt out of it.
       I've had this happen as well, my 'default' text color changed somehow (I think it was because I had logged on another shard/character I hadn't played in a long time, and didn't change/save options before logging out) and then for whatever reason, every character had their chat text color changed to black, which doesn't show up on screen, instead only in journal.

     I'm not exactly sure what caused it, I assume as  i say, it was because I had logged in to an old character without saving settings, but that's just speculation.  but it often changes other options too, like 'enable frame skipping' etc.  nonetheless, it's annoying AF.

    There should be a 'global settings' option that actually works when options are saved once they should be set for every shard/character.
    I tried changing it back but have failed miserably.

    due to my limited time this week it’ll just have to stay in my journal I guess.  It would be convenient to have a default setting button but oh well.
Sign In or Register to comment.