Interview with EM Mayhem!

Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 139Dev
edited March 22 in General Discussions

This week I had the pleasure of interviewing EM Mayhem of Atlantic! You can read all their responses below;

1.    What made you decide to start EMing?

As a wise demon once said, “Why does anyone do anything? Sheer, absolute boredom!” So, I decided to give entropic decay a swift kick in the…what? I can’t say that? *sighs* Fine, fine. The Dark Lady required an agent of chaos and I coalesced out of the shadows to rain fire and death upon Atl…what? Did I take my meds today? What meds? How dare you!

2.    What is your favorite part about EMing?

Do death robes count? No? Why not? They’re such a lovely shade of gray and everyone can have one! Or twelve. Wait, I should be serious? Why, my dear Fenneko, would you think I wasn’t serious? You want something less murdery? Very well. I enjoy the crafting of stories that enhance the tapestry of our shared world…using shreds of death robes.

3.    What is your favorite memory thus far of EMing?

When a certain little green someone said there hadn’t been enough death at one event and they wanted harder critters. Amaris and I were incredibly thrilled to oblige that thoughtful, well-reasoned request!

4.    What is your most memorable moment playing UO?

Hmm. I think it was during the fall of New Magincia arc when the moongate was under attack and we had to defeat the Rift Guardians. It was a chaotic event that lasted at least twelve hours.  So many corpses…and the rift stones were pretty neat too.

5.    What is your favorite thing to do in UO?

*grins mischievously* Plot! Hmm? Less enigmatic? Well, that’s no fun! *pouts mischievously* Hmm. I have to concur with my partner in chaos, Amaris, that roleplay is my favorite thing. It can be entertainingly unpredictable, like a lovechild of a telenovela and the Jerry Springer! Just with dragons, goblins and glitter-obsessed fairies…

6.    Is there a specific event that you've done that is your favorite? What is it?

I think it’s a three-way tie between Menace in Pink (evil Kirby), Three Nights at Bob & Fred’s (FNAF analogue) and Gingerbread Sleigh (angy Christmas cookies). They each had large, detailed builds that had to be made twice on different subservers due to Atlantic’s ginormous crowd. They were a lot of work, but totally worth it.

7.    Was there a drop you made that you favorite most out of all of them thus far? What is it?

I think it would have to be the Murderously Evil Burned Gingerbread Cookie from December 23’s Gingerbread Sleigh event. It’s an adorably stabby ‘lil cookie!

8.    Is there a specific story that comes to mind about UO that has stuck with you to date?

Like one of the global event stories? Hmm. I enjoyed the Bunder Bard’s irreverent BNN audio broadcasts during the runup to Renaissance (circa 2000). The level of professional sarcasm was something to be lauded! UO is always better when there is an overarching plotline going on.

9.    Do you have any words of wisdom for the players out there? New and Old?

Doth not meddle in the affairs of dragons for thou art crunchy and taste good with ketchup! Oh, you want something serious? *tilts head and looks at Fenneko quizzically* Why so serious? Now, now, you walked into that one on your own!

How about...treat other players as you want them to treat you. Wash your hands, eat your vegetables and do not eat the soylent hamcake...

10. Is there anything else you'd like to add to the players out there?

On Atlantic, you're never protected from mayhem - like me…

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com