Events should have new recipes for craftable items.

shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
edited March 9 in General Discussions
Hey guys,

It seems like in the new legacy crafters are going to have bigger role than the normal shards. But it seems like crafters in the normal shards are neglected a little bit.

I think it would be great if every event dropped a recipe for new craftable items. This way, the crafters can keep up with the changing demands in the game and they will have something to look forward to every event. If I'm not mistaken in the past they did this with KOTL automaton. I think it would be nice if crafters got a new recipe with the every new event too.

The new recipes can use outdated items/drops from the old dungeons the same way they do with dungeon doom items now. Right now all of the drops from the classic/virtue dungeons go to trash.

What do you guys think? I am not sure if adding new recipes are challenging coding wise, but if not it would be awesome bonus to crafters with little challenge.

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    shootgun said:

What do you guys think? I am not sure if adding new recipes are challenging coding wise, but if not it would be awesome bonus to crafters with little challenge.
    I like the idea of new recipes/craftables, but I think adding new recipes is a little more involved than we think based on a comment Kyronix made a few years ago when we were asking for more recipes from Doom like the Halo/Bracers. IIRC it's actually more work to add recipes because not only are they creating the recipe but they are also adding it to a drop & adding it to the existing crafting menu; that's in addition to actually coding the new item itself to use (once you craft it).

That's why they've gone with the turn-in vendors for most new things because it's the least amount of "touching" things. They are able to setup a vendor with everything available to players without having to change a bunch of other parts of the code.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Or just use the events as another way to get the new/more desired recipes
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 786
    Or just use the events as another way to get the new/more desired recipes

I'm with Shootgun, the more recipes and sought after craftable items the better. I love the idea of there being multiple ways to find recipes that would appeal to varying play styles and character types. Dig them up, fish them up, stealth and lockpick them up, fight them up, special event turn-in vendor them up.

But if what Kev says is true, and it may be that adding recipes is tricky and might break something, then Frodo's idea sounds like a good alternative. Even though it would turn finding new recipes into something you just grind for instead of being able to play with a diverse cast of characters, using diverse sets of skills you've trained them in.

Oh! And hey! I know! Speaking of events, let's get rid of that terrible idea someone had of making event items Shard Bound! Or at least let us have the option, as others have suggested, to turn the items to Account Bound.