Interview with EM Hendrix!

This week I had the pleasure of interviewing EM Hendrix of the Napa Valley shard! You can read all their responses below;

1. What made you decide to start EMing?

"I saw a post on UO.com about looking for EMs and thought it sounded like a fun opportunity. I crafted a story for an event I'd like to run and sent it in. Getting a call from Mesanna was a thrilling moment for me."

2.            What is your favorite part about EMing?

"The answer's simple: the players! Engaging with them and writing stories that bring our community together is incredibly rewarding. The players on Napa are exceptional, and I thoroughly enjoy crafting stories and running events for them."

3.            What is your favorite memory thus far of EMing?

"An initially embarrassing moment turned into my favorite memory. During my first attempt at a Champ Spawn feature, I underestimated the strength of the turkeys, leading to a complete wipeout of players. Thankfully, the community was understanding, and we spun the story to highlight that some battles are unwinnable. I'm grateful for the patience and support from the players on Napa during my early days."

4.            What is your most memorable moment playing UO?

"The community, without a doubt. UO brings together a diverse group of players worldwide, creating a unique and supportive environment. It's this sense of community and willingness to help newcomers that truly stands out for me."

5.            What is your favorite thing to do in UO?

"Fishing and treasure hunting are my go-to activities. They're relaxing and always come with a sense of anticipation about what you might discover next."

6.            Is there a specific event that you've done that is your favorite?

"Choosing just one is tough, but the 'turkey event' holds a special place in my heart. I occasionally include turkeys in my events as a fun reminder of that memorable day."

7.            Was there a drop you made that you favor most out of all of them?

"I put great care into all my drops, but the Cask Of Ice Wine is my favorite. It was perfectly integrated into the story and served as a nod to Napa Valley."

8.            Is there a specific story about UO that has stuck with you to date?

"Having played UO for the majority of my life, countless stories come to mind. Each one reflects the game's rich history and the dynamic experiences it offers. I often think back to the very early days of UO when I was pretty inexperienced. I feel like I have grown up with UO and I have matured with the game myself."

9.            Do you have any words of wisdom for the players out there? New and Old?

"For anyone considering joining a shard, Napa Valley is where you'll find the most caring and genuine players. The community here is unparalleled, and there's a place for everyone, whether you're new to the game or returning after a break."

10.         Is there anything else you'd like to add for the players out there?

"Just a huge thank you to everyone who makes UO such an incredible game to be a part of. Your passion, creativity, and camaraderie are what make this experience so unique. Let's continue to build memorable adventures together. And to those who haven't yet joined us, we're waiting to welcome you into our world. Here's to many more years of adventure, friendship, and fun in Ultima Online!"

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com