Which Gargoyle items can we still not enhance?

shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
edited February 25 in General Discussions
Hello everyone,

I remember reading something about this. If I'm not mistaken there was a bug about enhancing some gargoyle item slots. It was still using a charge from the Forged Metal of Artifacts, and item was changing color, but no improvements were made at the item.

Is this bug fixed? Do you  guys remember which items have this bug? Any workaround for this? I asked at the global chat but people do not remember.
Thanks a lot everyone.

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    This link captures a subset of the limitations around gargoyle items.

I haven't seen a post indicating when items in that list will be changed/fixed.

You can search for posts from me regarding other gargoyle limitations, proposed fixes, and a few cases where there are work-arounds.

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Thank you so much for posting this.

It seems like we cannot enhance necklaces, earrings, and glasses for gargoyles. Can gargoyles wear any other item in those slots?

Thanks again
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    shootgun said:

It seems like we cannot enhance necklaces, earrings, and glasses for gargoyles. Can gargoyles wear any other item in those slots?

Thanks again
    Those are all tinker items.  We can't enhance any race tinkered items I don't think.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited February 25
    shootgun said:

Thanks again

The neck[lace] slot is singled out here:

Gargoyles have carpenter/masonry and blacksmith items that can be worn in that slot.  It seems all neck slot items for gargoyles don't enhance as one may expect.  

It's pretty easy to observe this for masonry and blacksmith neck items without using a forged tool - just craft base items with ordinary materials and then enhance with colored.

side notes:

Gargoyles also take a slight penalty as it relates to longevity of items, as a higher % of the items that gargoyles use involve 100 max skill crafting (so you have to repair sooner).  (link).  A notable case where this isn't true is a "Bow of Infinite Swarm" converted to a "Glaive of Infinite Swarm", the glaive then takes on the 180 max skill blacksmith repair logic (vs. 100 skill for bowcraft/fletch repairs).  Gargoyles stone armor is 100 repair skill, vs. 120 skill for tailored studded, etc.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    The developers are well aware yet are unable or unwilling to fix gargoyles 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    Grimbeard said:

Yeah gargoyles feel like the unwanted step child of UO.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    shootgun said:
    Grimbeard said:

Yeah gargoyles feel like the unwanted step child of UO.
    Didn't this team create them ?