Interview with EM Hezekiah!

This week I had the pleasure of interviewing EM Hezekiah from the Oceania shard! You can read all their responses to my questions below;

1.  What made you decide to start EMing?

I saw the job advertised and was very keen.  I almost didn't get the job because I was so excited, I emailed Mesanna too much.

2.  What is your favourite part of EMing?

I love seeing players overcome a challenging event.  In my experience, the most memorable moments in the game are always difficult, but when you persevere and complete the challenge you get a sense of accomplishment. 

3.  What is your favourite memory thus far of EMing?

I made a spaceship that was so big I had to complete 20% of it manually as it was too large to copy across.  It was a great time seeing the players explore and complete that event.

4.  What is your most memorable moment playing UO?

When Oceania first opened up and the spawn was so thick, you'd walk out of Britain as a newbie and get mobbed by ettins and trolls and simply die.  There were so many players, it was a challenge to find a place for a small house.

5.  What is your favourite thing to do in UO?

Create and run a challenging event.

6.  Is there a specific event that you've done that was your favourite? What was it?

"The darkness beyond the stars" event (mentioned earlier) and "The Festival of Love" champion spawn event last valentines day

7.  Was a drop you made that was your favourite out of all of them thus far?  What was it?

That's a tough one as I like a few.  The December 23 drop "Fairy Floss nightmare with a mechanical heart"...  I think you guys call it cotton candy, but in Australia it's fairy floss.....simply because the game needs more cowbell.

I also liked "Wizard petrified by a backfired spell" and Old Horney simply because they both have the lighting bolt effect which is my favourite. 

8.  Is there a specific story that comes to mind about UO that has stuck with you to this date?

When three of us first bought a small house and the deed was pickpocketed from my friends pocket at East Britain bank.

9. Do you have any words of wisdom to the players out there? New and Old?

UO is a legendary game and has so much depth.  Even after all these years I'm still discovering stuff.  No other game in the world compares.

Words of wisdom:  If you fall down, get back up, throw away those death robes and give it another go.  If you need help, reach out and make a friend.   There are so many wonderful people in this game, and it's a privilege to know them.

10.  Is there anything else you'd like to add to the players out there?

Talk to your EMs more and if you have a problem, EMs are good people and love the game.

Mesanna does a fantastic job and deserves more respect. She's kept this game alive longer than any computer game in human history. 

The main thing is to have fun.  Try something different and maybe in doing so you discover something new about yourself. 

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com