Is there a browsable Table somewhere that lists MoBs also by their skill level among other stats ?

I need to train up Tactics and Wrestling on a pet and, I understand, in order for the pet to gain, they need to fight a target that is within 25 from their current skill level.

Without having to look at any and all MoBs that exist in UO one by one, to see which among them are within those 25 points from the skill that one wants to train on the pet, is there a database somewhere (I looked, but could not find one so far...) where one can sort MoBs in UO by their skill level so as to more quickly determine which ones the pet needs to fight in order to gain in those skills ?

Thank you for the help !

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I'm sorry, but by the time the wiki was introduced the task of trying to create a bestiary was a little too overwhelming. You could try the old Stratics hunter's guide which had an 'advanced' button allowing you to search for creatures with a specific skill level, but it won't be totally upto date.

• shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    I wonder if it would be possible for the devs to dump the ranges from the table for each mob and give us a CSV file? Then we can import those to some DB and help people with searches?

When I was training my Discord I spent hours trying to find the right mobs to discord. If we have the data for each mob in the game then I dont mint covering the costs for the servers and the development.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited February 4
    Mariah said:
    I'm sorry, but by the time the wiki was introduced the task of trying to create a bestiary was a little too overwhelming. You could try the old Stratics hunter's guide which had an 'advanced' button allowing you to search for creatures with a specific skill level, but it won't be totally upto date.

Thank you for the Link, I will try see if I can find what I need to fight within a 25 points skill range...

It seems that within the Stratics search, it is possible to also enter a "range" value...

I will try it out, thank you.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    @popps the only place that has a constant supply of mobs is the slime and slug pit. 

The only mob you can continuously fight with your pet is a shadow elemental.  

Is this the first pet you have skilled?

Do you have Lore?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    @ popps the only place that has a constant supply of mobs is the slime and slug pit. 

The only mob you can continuously fight with your pet is a shadow elemental.  

Is this the first pet you have skilled?

Do you have Lore?
    So far, I have just "played the game" so to speak... and, thus, my pets have grown up over time, slowly... this is the first time I actually am trying to "power game" the training of a pet in order to have it not take such a long time as just "playing the game" has taken me in the past.

Even my older pets, have yet to max out their skills and, mind you, they are 110s or at most 115s... just to show how, in the past, I have taken it extremely relaxedly in training up pets...

As in regards having Lore, I guess that without it I could not have control of pets... so... I think that answers your question...
    I gave you 3 things to Lore. I think you can do that.

You know you need to match tactics and wrestling to get your pet to advance faster.

So why aren't you at one of those two places gaining pet skill while reading the internet?
    edited February 4
    Pawain said:

You know you need to match tactics and wrestling to get your pet to advance faster.

So why aren't you at one of those two places gaining pet skill while reading the internet?
    Well, then I guess that I have a problem with my pet since Tactics is like 60 but wrestling is like 90...

How do I get Tactics to "catch up with" Wrestling ?

Also, I checked Acid slugs and Slimes and the slugs seem to come with a Tactics of 50... so, I can use them only up to 75 on the pet.... the slimes are even worse since the seem to have only from 19.3 to 34.0 Tactics so, I guess, with my pet being at 60 it is already beyond that 25 points range it needs to be in order to gain...

Are we sure that slugs and slimes might be good to gain in tactics (and wrestling) at the point my pet currently is?
  • go to the mines and lore a shadow elemental. if its tactics aren't withing the range of your pets use an elemental spellbook to kill it until one spawns that does.Solutions, not problems.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

go to the mines and lore a shadow elemental. if its tactics aren't withing the range of your pets use an elemental spellbook to kill it until one spawns that does.Solutions, not problems.

Shadows eles have 60 or 90. in tactics or wresting. so that's 4 different possible starting elementals.

Oops the reason I wrote here.  You forgot to tell him they only die to Physical based weapons or spells.  So, he needs to use earthquake.

I have a feeling the beetle in question has not been trained yet.  Its only been a few days since he asked about using dread pirates, he needs to get resists on the pet before he does skilling.

So, we are about a year from the actual skilling process.
    popps said:
    Pawain said:

Well, then I guess that I have a problem with my pet since Tactics is like 60 but wrestling is like 90...

How do I get Tactics to "catch up with" Wrestling ?

Also, I checked Acid slugs and Slimes and the slugs seem to come with a Tactics of 50... so, I can use them only up to 75 on the pet.... the slimes are even worse since the seem to have only from 19.3 to 34.0 Tactics so, I guess, with my pet being at 60 it is already beyond that 25 points range it needs to be in order to gain...

Are we sure that slugs and slimes might be good to gain in tactics (and wrestling) at the point my pet currently is?
    You will not have wrestling and tactics gain equally.  I'm betting your beetle has 40 to 50 skill.
    You need the training done first so your pet can survive fighting.  I would have a beetle fully trained in lets see, 40 mins for level 2, 30 mins for level 3, 30 mins for level 4, 30 mins for level 5.  I kill the crazed mage with 2 archers.  Or you can use multiple dread pirates.

Instead of writing a rebuttal, if the pet is trained go put the pet on the slimes while running consume and go walk away until server down, by tomorrow the wrestling will be 100 and the tactics will be 70 or 80.

If the pet is not trained, come back when done before you jump to theoretical skilling.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,026
    Imagine you're a new player with similar questions and you find this thread... i know popps might be annoying but must the mods allow the continuous personal attacks...
    edited February 4
    Grimbeard said:
    Imagine you're a new player with similar questions and you find this thread... i know popps might be annoying but must the mods allow the continuous personal attacks...
    I have told popps this stuff at least 4 times and you or someone bet him he had no 120 chiv pet.  He said he did. Now he states he has no pet with skills above 110 115.

I wait to post on his questions. You had ample time to answer these very basic questions but you chose not to. Instead you troll every thread I post in. And provide no helpful information. 

Answer questions if you don't like how I do it. I not not use flowery sentences. I just state facts. I am not here to hold your hand or be your friend.

Come to LS with a pet and I will stand right next you the whole training, I will kill the crazy mages and guide you through the building of it.
  • Grimbeard said:

Hot  Sour Noodle Soup
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    I have told popps this stuff at least 4 times and you or someone bet him he had no 120 chiv pet.  He said he did. Now he states he has no pet with skills above 110 115.

I wait to post on his questions. You had ample time to answer these very basic questions but you chose not to. Instead you troll every thread I post in. And provide no helpful information. 

Answer questions if you don't like how I do it. I not not use flowery sentences. I just state facts. I am not here to hold your hand or be your friend.

Come to LS with a pet and I will stand right next you the whole training, I will kill the crazy mages and guide you through the building of it.
    I ignore popps i try to ignore you and let the mods do their jobs but you seem to be the pet troll
    Yes telling him the only 3 things he needs to use to power skill his pets is trolling.  But he first needs to train the pet so it can survive.
    @Pawain please try to answer these questions with the fact in mind that not just the OP is reading them and a useful answer rather than sarcasm would help less experienced players.
    edited February 5
    Pawain said:
    Yes telling him the only 3 things he needs to use to power skill his pets is trolling.  But he first needs to train the pet so it can survive.
    @Pawain

I actually wanted to raise dexterity on the pet to 125 before initiating the training so as to save up on training points... incidentally, since this happened through fighting, I thought to also benefit fighting the right MOBs (within the 25 skill range) so as to raise also Anatomy, Wrestling and Tactics.

Sure, without training, the pet needs help to stay alive but, with Consume and a few heals now and then, I manage to keep it alive when having it fight MoBs even without having started any training on it, yet...

I have been doing the Shadow Ore elementals and now it reached 100.0 Wrestling which triggered Parrying gains so, as soon as I can start the training, if wanted, I can also scroll up Parrying...

By the way, being an experienced Tamer, may I ask you if there is an order of what you usually prefer to train as first on, and what later on, on a pet ?

Let's see... when allocating Training on a pet throughout the various training sessions, one has to allocate Points to : 
    • Resistances
    • Stats Regenerations
    • Strength
    • Dexterity
    • Hit Points
    • Stamina
    • Powerscrolls to increase the skill CAP
    • Magical Abilities
    • Special Abilities
    • Special Moves
    • Area Effect Abilities
    • Base Damage per Second
    Now, I have read that, in order not to end up without the option to select a special Ability/Move/AoE, players suggest to do it, usually, unless a Magical Ability is really needed to make a Special Abilities/Special Moves/AoE be available (for example like Poison breath which requires Poisoning to be present as a Magical Ability in order to be selectable...), "from bottom --> up".... that is, to first select (in case it is wanted) an AoE, then, a Special Move, then a Special Ability and in the end, a Magical Ability...

This, because other tamers have run into, when starting from up --> down, that is, from a Magical Ability downwards, at times ended up being unable to then select what they wanted among Special Abilities/Special Moves/AoE

See, for example, https://community.stratics.com/threads/fire-beetle-advancements.427018/post-3121563 or https://community.stratics.com/threads/order-of-picking-abilities-area-effect-special-moves.396669/post-2911770

As in regards to the other things to pick when training a pet, is there a sequential order that is advisable and, please, if you want to indicate what order should be preferable when selecting training things for a pet, can you also kindly explain the reason behind that order or preference choice so that players trying to approach Taming can learn not just how it should be done properly, but also "why" it is done in that order, what is the logic behind that choice for a sequential order when selecting training options for a pet....

Thank you very much.
    @popps you might like to explore this site, made by dedicated tamers specifically to answer some of the questions you are asking

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    GO @Mariah ; <3
    edited February 6
    @popps on the other forum in your threads. I gave you a link to a step by step guide for beetles. And told you why the dex was not increasing and told you it's not worth the hassle for you because it's 2.5 training points. 

https://community.stratics.com/threads/can-someone-please-help-with-a-build-for-a-giant-blue-beetle.431516/

You even reply to the post where I gave you a link to the guide.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    well im still training my coconut crab almost a year later lol  :D
    Skett said:
    well im still training my coconut crab almost a year later lol  :D
    That's why I only build pets that go to 5 slot. 

Good luck to you.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    would be cool to add a gold-sink for training pets at the stables with a pet trainer 

drop off your pet at stable pay 100k per point in one skill at a time and a 1 hour wait time per point to pick up your pet or add more skill points

maybe make it scaled start at 10k per point on skill level less than 50 then 50k after 75 skill level 100k after 100 then 125k 150k etc all the way to 120

6x 120 pet could be a really good gold sink
    Skett said:
    would be cool to add a gold-sink for training pets at the stables with a pet trainer 

drop off your pet at stable pay 100k per point in one skill at a time and a 1 hour wait time per point to pick up your pet or add more skill points

maybe make it scaled start at 10k per point on skill level less than 50 then 50k after 75 skill level 100k after 100 then 125k 150k etc all the way to 120

6x 120 pet could be a really good gold sink
    I tell players that I pay extra for the stablemaster to skill my pets while they are in there.
    A mythic token for pets
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Grimbeard said:
    A mythic token for pets
    Not a bad idea
    Several posts have been removed in an effort to curb the hostility in this thread. Please keep it civil!
    If the person you are replying to annoys you, walk away and don't post till you calm down, if at all. The back space key is highly useful in these situations.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    edited February 6
    When slot leveling a pet it's easier to tank with a fresh tame cu. It may take longer but it's so much easier. If you have to use a second account then you're training 2 pets at once. 

The blue dinosaur thing and crazed mage are all you need to 1-5 slot a pet. The cu is key with the dinosaur. 

Not sure if it actually works or just seems that way but i feel like discording (dino/mage) manipulates gains. 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    shootgun said:
    When I was training my Discord I spent hours trying to find the right mobs to discord.

There's several ways to do this. There's an old rumor that taking music down to 40 will increase gains at higher levels. After 90 you only need to cast the masteries. 

1)You can use JC's list on UOGuide which is really detailed but also suggests using a crystal ball of knowledge. 

2)Use jewels and go straight for end level cus. On Atlantic the tamers used to fill the cave with enough trash cu's to 120 a bard. 

3)Buy a mythic token and just cast the mastery.

4)You can be the ultimate powergamer by buying enough pinks to have a character out of the box. 

5)You could glance at tried and tested skill gain scripts to see what and when. From there it's only a judgement call if you use it or not. I personally see no issue in skill gaining.