Ship navigation, tillerman, crafted map improvments.

1. Make tillerman similar to runebook but instead runes u can put hand writed sea charts and world maps that u pined manualy. Tillerman can hold up to х (16) maps with preset courses and u can just click and chose what distance u need to travel (scripters gonna script ship controll anyway let normal ppl better qol for this contet - ship navigation with buggy sea is horrible).
2.Give us option to rename crafted maps. I can hold a lot of maps with different courses and they have all the same name, when ther is more then 10 maps it's is impossible to remeber which map is what for.
3.More detailed maps even more then sea charts it could be improvment for cartography skill to make it even great for the game.

p.s. i know ther is a lot of andy that don't like any changes but it could be great improvment for sea content and make compromise for not using scripts, better qol less scripts or atleast better engagment from ppls who never tryed but scare of it coz this content is scuff!!
p.p.s. scripters gonna script it anyway let normal ppl better qol for this contet!!!
p.p.p.s. english is not my native so sry for language.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    I doubt they can fix the ship from getting stuck on a dolphin or whatever.

You do know you can do this with 1 map at a time.  Drop on tillerman and say start. Works on the Corgul map also.

So you can have your 10 maps in a bag and do one at a time.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GarretGarret Posts: 70
    Yes but u have to change pins all the time, im better have different maps with alredy pined courses for different towns for example. Some time put pin in right spot take a lot of time so i better not touch map that is perfectly pined. So i wish tillerman can hold this preset maps and i can pick from a menu with preset course i wish to travel. Or atleast let me rename this maps - that is.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I have several marked maps that I give to my tillerman when I'm sailing, you don't have to just use one. I gave my fisher a little cartography so that he could write his own, but before I did I used to have my treasure hunter write them for him.
    what I would wish for is to be able to lock a course on a map using the red leaves like in a book, and to label them so that I could mouse over them and know which one I need. (maps from the npc are labeled, I want to do the same with written ones.)
    Hmm.... if u read well i have a lot of them too... very specific courses to reach ports.... but need some help with managment them:
    1. tallerman could just store them - maps.
    2. option to lable or rename maps.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    A work around to not being able to put a name on a map would be to put the map's name on a bag using the leather engraving tool and keep the map in the bag until you give it to the tiller man. One map per bag.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    Ability to give maps titles is a great idea in my opinion. Nice suggestion!
    is it real to see any feedback for post from devs ?  or atleast mark thread somehow to see is some one from dev team is read that ?
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 644
    edited February 2
    It's a rare occasion when one does respond in a thread. I do believe they they read threads that might be of interest to them but wouldn't expect them to response to every suggestion that's made on these forums as much as we would like them to.

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    edited February 2
    @Kyronix @Bleak could one of you chime in here.  This is actually a good thread/idea.
  • jelinidasjelinidas Posts: 352
    Garret said:
    is it real to see any feedback for post from devs ?  or atleast mark thread somehow to see is some one from dev team is read that ?
    Welcome to UO. Communication is not their forte.