Banned from public house after bidding on auction safe. Buyer Beware!!

As some of you may be aware, there's a seller offering rare items whose character frequently gates to his castle near Vesper at regular intervals. It's essential to exercise caution when entering this gate or participating in any bidding activity. Unfortunately, my character has been banned by this seller after placing a bid, leaving me unable to retrieve the purchased item, with the funds already deducted from my account. While I had heard about this scam in the past, I never anticipated falling victim to it. I'm seeking advice on how to avoid such situations in the future. Despite paging a GM, I have yet to receive a response, adding to the complexity of the issue.

Comments

• WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    thought something was fishy about this guy thanks for the heads up, and way to avoid this from happening again, is if you bidding on an item try to access the safe from standing out side the house in possible, or just buy the item outright.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,108
    You must have done a lot of shopping to find an item that the Bid price was lower than the Buy Now price.  The most difference I saw was 50M and only a few items.

Also that is a very active seller on stratics.  I think you should talk to him in Discord, the discord name is on the house sign, before you accuse him of nefarious acts.

I think there are 2 sides to this.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited January 29
    Pawain said:
    You must have done a lot of shopping to find an item that the Bid price was lower than the Buy Now price.  The most difference I saw was 50M and only a few items.

Also that is a very active seller on stratics.  I think you should talk to him in Discord, the discord name is on the house sign, before you accuse him of nefarious acts.

I think there are 2 sides to this.
    I checked as well. Buyouts = bids on basically everything. Doesn't make sense why any one would place a bid on something and let it sit for up to 7 days.

A quick Stratics search says this guy has hosted/ran several rares festivals and silent auction houses so I'm not sure why they would decide to start scamming now and this is the first anyone has said anything about it.

Mumbles said:
    Despite paging a GM, I have yet to receive a response, adding to the complexity of the issue.
    This has came up in the past, years ago when safes had just came out. The player that was doing this was not only permanently banned but the buyer was able to retrieve their items off the safe via GM. It would be considered an exploit to do this and is HIGHLY illegal.

Have you considered you have been banned from their house because you call them a scammer publicly without proof?

Story doesn't add up.
    GMs would definitely intervene.
    These forums are not for your personal gripes. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • FortisFortis Posts: 410
    This person from this castle is known to have scam many people with banning them after bidding on auction it s going on for years 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    This is not the place. Report this as 'harrasment'
This discussion has been closed.