Was there ever a discussion with devs about Gargoyles missing a slot? Any plans to add it?

shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
edited January 28 in General Discussions
I am trying to put together a gargoyle tamer that has maximum luck. The fact that it is missing a slot with 125 luck is bothering me. Was there ever a discussion from the developers about this missing slot on gargoyles?

Maybe they can add a horn slot for gargoyles? They don't even have to do much, just change the color of the horns for gargoyles depending on the item it's wearing. Although I am not a expert on the topic, something like this should be easy to do, right?

But first, they need to want to add it. I am not sure if there ever was a plan.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,141
    edited January 29
    Yes we have said they should have a horn ring for years that would use those items.

I doubt there are any plans to add a slot to gargoyles for those 3 or 4 items.

But somehow humans played with no stats on earrings for 20 plus years. 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,048
    Pawain said:
    Yes we have said they should have a horn ring for years that would use those items.

To show your solidarity wear no armor in one of your slots 
    shootgun said:
    I am trying to put together a gargoyle tamer that has maximum luck. The fact that it is missing a slot with 125 luck is bothering me. Was there ever a discussion from the developers about this missing slot on gargoyles?

Maybe they can add a horn slot for gargoyles? They don't even have to do much, just change the color of the horns for gargoyles depending on the item it's wearing. Although I am not a expert on the topic, something like this should be easy to do, right?

shootgun said:

Even after yukio earrings came out and we said they need to add resistance they chose not to when given the chance when they came out again 
    edited January 29
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I wear transparent heart on many toons. 125 luck is not a game changer.  Do I get a cookie?
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

I wear transparent heart on many toons. 125 luck is not a game changer.  Do I get a cookie?
    Wear one less piece of armor or have no opinion 
    edited January 29
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

Human earrings are not an armor slot. Do you think before you troll?
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

No but gargoyle earrings are and you claim that them having no resistance is not an issue so prove it with actions rather than more talk
    I did, I said some of my guys wear transparent heart and my main Mage wears this sash:

How much more proof do you need on this nonsense?
    Human earrings do not have resistances.  Gargoyles have the same amount of armor slots as humans for resistance.  Some of us can build a suit that does not need all the pieces.
    @Grimbeard ; never mind that, I need red dredging hooks, got any?
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    edited January 29
    To be fair, removing the earrings armor from gargoyles to wear Yukio's earrings would not make any sense. You can probably get 190 luck item on that slot thanks to imbuing. But still Gargoyles are missing a slot that was useless in the past but became useful recently thanks to devs.

I hope they add a horn ring or horn color slot soon.
    shootgun said:
    To be fair, removing the earrings armor from gargoyles to wear Yukio's earrings would not make any sense. You can probably get 190 luck item on that slot thanks to imbuing.

I hope they add a horn ring or horn color slot soon.
    Horn ring that accepts those items would be the thing to do.  I can provide the drill.  But, I do not think it will be soon.  Good Luck tho.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,270
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

NO Because if you researched this then you would know there is one less slot and nobody forced you to be a Garg.  Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others.
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

No but gargoyle earrings are and you claim that them having no resistance is not an issue so prove it with actions rather than more talk
    You can get mace and shield garg earrings with all kinds of resists
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

NO Because if you researched this then you would know there is one less slot and nobody forced you to be a Garg.  Take responsibility for your own actions and stop blaming others.
    Same number of slots but definitely not equal and we were speaking about building a luck suit for a gargoyle and yukio earrings.. take the new mempo make it a necklace with no resistance for humans...
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,960
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

Nobody forced UO players to use Gargoyle characters, yes, BUT, to my opinion at least, the Gargoyle characters also need to have a Design that makes them "wanted" by UO players to use them and, also, be "competitive" in comparison to other characters which UO players might want to choose to play them in the game....

If Gargoyle characters has 1 slot less as compared to other characters, if finding Legendary items for them to wear is sgnificantly more difficult as compared to other races, and, in general, if using a Gargoyle characters has such significant downsides, I am not surprised that, in the end, as compared to other Races in Ultima Online, the Gargoyle character is used much less by players...

Ever wondered why most Sampires are female characters ?

Hint.... because of the much wider armor options which they have....
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,301
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

or another hint, because it allows them to kill Semidar. :)
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,960
    edited January 29
    Cookie said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

or another hint, because it allows them to kill Semidar. :)
    I could very well be wrong in my thinking but, I suspect, that the wider armor options are more appealing as to the Semidar Champ spawn...

The wider armor options are useful for any and all types of hunts, the Semidar Champ spawn is only 1 spawn among many in the game...

Of course, the fact the "both" bonuses favour a female character, makes it even more appealing for players to want to have a female Sampire...

My argument though, is that even if Semidar was to not favour female characters, most UO players would still prefer a female Sampire because of the wider armor options available...

This, to highlight how, a Gargoyle character that has more armor penalties (and 1 slot less), might make its appeal within UO players much smaller as compared to other in game Races or whether a Male or Female character since, is my impression, UO players do look at the armor options which they might have when chosing to play with one type of a character rather then another...
    Everyone I know, including myself, switches warriors from male to female, for Semidar Champ spawn. Especially last year, when they did the event in Fire, genius when you think about it :)
  • usernameusername Posts: 725
    Probably take another 10 years to add something like this, the same time it took them to add uses for the unused essences.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    Let's clarify 
    1. Earrings/glasses 
    2. neckless
    3. Chest piece 
    4. Arms
    5. Legs
    6. Kilt 
    It's not less slots It's that one and two are tinker slots..the ability to craft or loot pieces equal to human/elf not possible 
    edited January 29
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's clarify 
    1. Earrings/glasses  - Head Slot
    2. neckless - Neck Slot
    3. Chest piece - Chest Slot
    4. Arms - Arms Slot
    5. Legs - Legs Slot
    6. Kilt - Gloves Slot
    It's not less slots It's that one and two are tinker slots..the ability to craft or loot pieces equal to human/elf not possible 

7. Earrings Slot - you are missing this - already being used to match against Head Slot.
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

Nobody forced UO players to use Gargoyle characters, yes, BUT, to my opinion at least, the Gargoyle characters also need to have a Design that makes them "wanted" by UO players to use them and, also, be "competitive" in comparison to other characters which UO players might want to choose to play them in the game....

If Gargoyle characters has 1 slot less as compared to other characters, if finding Legendary items for them to wear is sgnificantly more difficult as compared to other races, and, in general, if using a Gargoyle characters has such significant downsides, I am not surprised that, in the end, as compared to other Races in Ultima Online, the Gargoyle character is used much less by players...

LMAO  You do understand that they are very much wanted by UO players as is, just look how many you see at events.  Other people have learned how to use them and like normal you want to use them only your way.  How long have Gargs been in the game and now you come up with all of this.  Where were you when people began  testing them on TC before they were allowed in the game to give UO your input?
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's clarify 
    2. neckless - Neck Slot
    4. Arms - Arms Slot
    5. Legs - Legs Slot
    6. Kilt - Gloves Slot

7. Earrings Slot - you are missing this - already being used to match against Head Slot.
    Earrings glasses was number one on my list 
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

LMAO  You do understand that they are very much wanted by UO players as is, just look how many you see at events.  Other people have learned how to use them and like normal you want to use them only your way.  How long have Gargs been in the game and now you come up with all of this.  Where were you when people began  testing them on TC before they were allowed in the game to give UO your input?
    You do understand that myself and other have been complaining since the beginning?  That everytime on test we are ignored  ? 
    edited January 29
    Grimbeard said:
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's clarify 
    2. neckless - Neck Slot
    4. Arms - Arms Slot
    5. Legs - Legs Slot
    6. Kilt - Gloves Slot

Yes - which equals the Head Slot on a Human.

Therefore, the Earrings slot which a human has, the Gargoyle does not.

Or look at it another way.

The Earrings slot match each other - therefore the Gargoyle does not have a Head Slot.

Definitely missing a slot.

Human Gargoyle
    Head Earrings
    Earrings NO EQUIVILENT
    Neck Neck
    Chest Chest
    Arms Arms
    Gloves Kilt
    Legs Legs
    Boots Boots
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's clarify 
    2. neckless - Neck Slot
    4. Arms - Arms Slot
    5. Legs - Legs Slot
    6. Kilt - Gloves Slot

The Earrings slot match each other - therefore the Gargoyle does not have a Head Slot.

For mods yes for armor no ?

Grimbeard said:
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Cookie said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Let's clarify 
    2. neckless - Neck Slot
    4. Arms - Arms Slot
    5. Legs - Legs Slot
    6. Kilt - Gloves Slot

For mods yes for armor no ?

Check the Table I added?
    There is 1 armour Slot less. Which yes, does equal less mods also.
    Human Gargoyle
    Head Earrings
    Earrings NO EQUIVILENT
    Neck Neck
    Chest Chest
    Arms Arms
    Gloves Kilt
    Legs Legs
    Boots Boots
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:

You do understand that myself and other have been complaining since the beginning?  That everytime on test we are ignored  ? 
    I fully understand that long time users have been asking for upgrades to Gargs for a very long time.  My remark was directed at one person not all the players that have used them from day one.  I have a Garg Crafter=Imbuer/Thrower with 7 soul stones so I can switch back and forth and yes I would love an extra slot and Luck equal to my Tamers and non warrior gargs but right now I use him as is and try to live with it the best I can.