Vendor Search Query : Does this result make sense to anyone ?

The picture says it all... I entered "name token" as search words and I got, among other results, what can be seen in the picture here below.

What puzzles me, is that the item, at least to my impression, seems to have neither the word "name" nor the word "token" in the description.

So, why did the search engine pick it up ?

Anyone has a good explaination ?

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    OK  This one is legit.  Good one @popps
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    Vendor Search is searching by string, closest match to least closest, then displaying the results most to least expensive, or vice versa.

Your string is "name token". I'm betting nothing matched that exactly, so you got the closest results vendor search could provide.

The "na" in "exceptional". Followed by the "en" in "defense".

--
    If you just search for "na", you can get all kinds of "anatomy" gear, followed by "promotional" tokens, etc., depending on how you have the results sorted, pricewise.
    -Arroth
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    Ya I get some strange results sometimes 

that makes sense 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Vendor Search is searching by string, closest match to least closest, then displaying the results most to least expensive, or vice versa.

Your string is "name token". I'm betting nothing matched that exactly, so you got the closest results vendor search could provide.

The "na" in "exceptional". Followed by the "en" in "defense".

--
    If you just search for "na", you can get all kinds of "anatomy" gear, followed by "promotional" tokens, etc., depending on how you have the results sorted, pricewise.
    I do searches all the time shard hopping and I have never seen anything like what @popps is showing.  What is showing isn't even close to what he searched.  I get a lot of item not found and if what you say is true then there would never be an item not found.  Yes if you just search for the letter "a" you will get everything that has the letter "a" in it.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
  • Skett said:

when you search for a specific word it will find it anywhere it can. "kienetic" eater got you that time

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    Yeah, there is some funkiness to it for sure.

If you search for "III", three capital i's, you get all the level 3 primers. I do this with a least to most display to look for the cheapest primers. "III" will also get you Ultima III paintings, but not Ultima VIII paintings.

If you use "II", two capital i's, you get all the level 2 and 3 primers, Ultima II and Ultima III paintings, and Ultima VIII paintings.

"I", single capital I, will get you everything with the letter "i", lower case or upper case.

Since vendor search is not case sensitive, you can search "iii" and "ii" to get the same results as above.
    -Arroth
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Vendor search is always broken for me :(
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.