Blessed Death bag

We need a blessed death bag that stays organized after we die, wouldn't that be epic. Please dont argue and get this thread closed,

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,955
    I do not mind dieing, but I do mind, after resurrecting, having my main backpack cluttered with all of the insured items which were in other containers all popped up in the main backpack...

I would love if, upon resurrecting and clicking my corpse to retrieve all non insured items, including containers, my backpack then returned automatically to its status before dieing, with all of the insured items into the containers that they were in...

I can understand that this cannot be "before" one retrieves all items from one's own corpse, including all of the backpacks (not blessed nor insured) into which were the insured items BUT, after  one clicks one's own corpse and thus retrieves those containers, it would be nice if all of the insured items that now are in the main backpack, were to go back into those containers, automatically, without having to do it manually.

Yes, the Enhanced Client has Organizer Agents which can be used to this purpose, but what about the Classic Client ?
    To my knowledge, a player playing with the Classic Client has to put those insured items back from the main backpack into the various containers, manually, 1 item at a time.

To my liking, if I happen to die often because at a difficult spawn, this having to move back all insured items from the main backpack into the internal containers (after I retrieved those containers from my character's corpse), can get very old and annoying.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Classic client last more than 25 years already. 

How many games really last that long? Why don't you guys upgrade?

Are you still using Window 95?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Seth said:
    Classic client last more than 25 years already. 

How many games really last that long? Why don't you guys upgrade?

Are you still using Window 95?
    LOL  Maybe when they upgrade the fuggly graphics we will until then stop telling us how to play UO.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Thought blessed and insured items in a container were lost, or is it just blessed items?  Think there is already a container that is itself blessed so any items inside are not lost.  Forgot what it is, but think it was some kind of object like a statue or something like that.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    edited January 22
    Arnold7 said:
    Thought blessed and insured items in a container were lost, or is it just blessed items?  Think there is already a container that is itself blessed so any items inside are not lost.  Forgot what it is, but think it was some kind of object like a statue or something like that.
    No. Blessed and insured items in a container go to your backpack when you die. Also antique items will come out of an unopened chest.

There are no blessed containers.

The posters do not understand that the items do this so they will not be looted in fel.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Thanks.  Thought when I started i had read not to put blessed items in containers so have never done that.  Thanks for the clarification.  Think there is a container though will look around to see if I can find it.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    They want the cc pack to behave like the ec pack
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:
    No. Blessed and insured items in a container go to your backpack when you die. Also antique items will come out of an unopened chest.

The posters do not understand that the items do this so they will not be looted in fel.
    WRONG Band aide Belt is blessed
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Arnold was asking if there is a blessed bag for items.  This thread is not about bandages.  
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Arnold was asking if there is a blessed bag for items.  This thread is not about bandages.  
    Band Aides are items and the belt is blessed and it is a container so there are blessed containers that do hold items and stay with you when you die.
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Band Aides are items and the belt is blessed and it is a container so there are blessed containers that do hold items and stay with you when you die.
    The OP only asked about the pack staying organized...
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Actually, also the Runebooks and Spellbook straps are containers, to my understanding.
    edited January 23
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Which, I am of the opinion, could be very well done even without blessed containers....

How ?

Making the client store the players' preference for the items organized within secondary containers in the player's character's main backpack at the moment that the character was to die.

The triggering condition which would reinstate the stored organization of the character's backpack in the client's memory, would NOT be upon resurrecting because then, the unblessed containers within which items were organized, would not be present as they remain on the character's corpse.

Instead, when the resurrected character was to get to his/her corpse, and double click it to retrieve any and all uninsured/unblessed remained on the corpse (particularly, the containers into which the insured/blessed items now all cluttering the main backpack were...), THIS condition would trigger the Client to retrieve the stored organization of the character's backpack right when he/she died and, voila', magically all items that the character had, insured, blessed or not, would go back to whatever secondary container they were into, a-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c-a-l-l-y , without the player having to sort them all out manually, each and every time that the character dies and resurrects.

A ton of timed saved to UO players who die often and carry many items with their characters...

@Kyronix , pretty please, can we have something moreless on these lines, so that we do no have to manually go back and, item by item, have to re-organize our characters' backpacks each time that they die ?

Thank you !!
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

Which, I am of the opinion, could be very well done even without blessed containers....

How ?

Making the client store the players' preference for the items organized within secondary containers in the player's character's main backpack at the moment that the character was to die.

The triggering condition which would reinstate the stored organization of the character's backpack in the client's memory, would NOT be upon resurrecting because then, the unblessed containers within which items were organized, would not be present as they remain on the character's corpse.

Instead, when the resurrected character was to get to his/her corpse, and double click it to retrieve any and all uninsured/unblessed remained on the corpse (particularly, the containers into which the insured/blessed items now all cluttering the main backpack were...), THIS condition would trigger the Client to retrieve the stored organization of the character's backpack right when he/she died and, voila', magically all items that the character had, insured, blessed or not, would go back to whatever secondary container they were into, a-u-t-o-m-a-t-i-c-a-l-l-y , without the player having to sort them all out manually, each and every time that the character dies and resurrects.

A ton of timed saved to UO players who die often and carry many items with their characters...

@ Kyronix , pretty please, can we have something moreless on these lines, so that we do no have to manually go back and, item by item, have to re-organize our characters' backpacks each time that they die ?

Thank you !!
    They fixed this its called EC you refuse to use it
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

How ?

@ Kyronix , pretty please, can we have something moreless on these lines, so that we do no have to manually go back and, item by item, have to re-organize our characters' backpacks each time that they die ?

Thank you !!
    I would gladly play EC if I didn't want to throw up because of the fuggly graphics.
    Grimbeard said:
    popps said:
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:
    Arnold7 said:

How ?

Thank you !!
    I would gladly play EC if I didn't want to throw up because of the fuggly graphics.
    Clearly this is a user error 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    @Lord_Frodo and @Grimbeard Desist this unhelpful attitude please.
     :) 
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Yea a blessed bag is completely game breaking unfortunately. Probably why it only exists for certain things, such as arrows and bandages. Now, a reagent blessed bag would be cool!
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
     B)