Can I talk about something a group is doing that is against ToS here and keep it opeN?

A lot of frustrations on my shard of  a certain guild able to run a "toon" 22/7 checking spawns and yes as per the other post I tried to stop them and I end up getting the ban hammer. What do we/I do? Isn't the way they do what they do against the ToS?

23. You will not create, use, play on or provide any server emulator or other service where Ultima Online may be played. You will not post, use or distribute any utilities, applications, emulators or other software tools related to Ultima Online that do not have the express written permission of Broadsword Online Games to be used with the Service. Information about approved software can be found here.

or even the way they choose to play the game

1. You may not victimize, harass, threaten, or cause another player unwanted distress or discomfort, as determined by Support Staff.

Yes it is fel rules but doing a spawn should always carry the risk of getting raided not the gurantee. I never tag the Devs but this is ruining the game when we have no way to combat this. Any plans to do something about this or is it move on?

Yes. I use the in game paging system. BUt the way it works is if you reply you are not afk and we know theres ways around that. new policies?

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    For me, it is a sandbox game, opponents may do something, I will do something to counteract.

They break rules, I break rules, I think you were unlucky to be caught for your block.

We used to suffer the same a lot in terms of spawn cams, and this is my spawn cam scout, designed to track, reveal, and kill those characters. My suit is fully Blessed as well, which is a nice touch :)

If you can track the entire path of the cam, you may find a weaker spot even, than where you did.

The way I see it, it's a challenge, build it into your game, to beat it.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    Unattended, AFK Ghost Cams and Hidden EJs used to Monitor spawns are a HUGE issue, to my opinion, and the Developers should really address it and stop this to be possible.

If players want to spend their time at the keyboard to monitor spawns, fine, I have not a problem with it but unattended, AFK BOTs used to this purpose which then, if they detect any spawn activity ring some bells in certain Discord Channels or alert players who are doing whatever else who then go raid the spawn ?

No thanks, this should be really stopped, IMHO.

@Kyronix , @Mesanna ?
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    ah ha!, the least damaging thing 'cheats' are used for.   still a 'cheat' so yes, should be banned.

as a pvper myself (though not lately) this is the thing I cared the least about, though I've been aware that, it's also done using many of the same third-party clients/programs that the more damaging activities are used for), in fact, it's beneficial to have people know when a spawn is being done because the fight is welcomed far more often then not.    -the issue with it, is that people no longer check spawns themselves, and then they know they won't be coming for a fight unless they know they'll have enough people to come raid it, and by now they know if it's an actual player doing the spawn or just another bot...

the crowd has thinned so much it's not worth the time for most players to go searching for these things, especially when the programs have been doing it for them for so damn long they've become accustomed to it.     That's what happens when those in charge let the cheating slide for so long.   

I'm not sure what else the result of doing nothing could have been.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited January 16
    To my understanding, the Developers' Team has been always against AFK, unattended gameplay.

At least from reading the Newsletters, I have seen often sactions mentioned for unattended, AFK gameplay.

So, it is really inexplicable to me that, instead, GHOST Cams and Hidden EJ CAMs, if I understand it correctly, which are scripted and BOTted, unattended, AFK thanking to some Third Party utilities which give this ability in UO, are still possible and not stopped from being viable, one way or the other.

As I understand it, there are scripts that can be run AFK, unattended, for characters, often EJ Stealthers, sometimes GHOST CAMs, which have a routing across all Spawns that one wants to monitor.

If I understood it as right, the script is launched and it does it all on its own, without the player needing to be managing the character.

Then, when the character being scripted detects some activity at a spawn, like corpses on NPCs or Players' Characters, an alert triggers, like for example sending a message on some specific Discord Channel where players who then Raid th Spawn get alerted asbout what Shard and Spawn it is and they log in their characters and raid it.

To my opinion, this is ridicolous and makes it impossible for UO players to have any realistic chance to do a spawn without being pretty much systematically found by Raiders.

I have no problems in players wanting to Monitor Spawns but this should ONLY BE POSSIBLE at the expense of the time AT THE KEYBOARD of the players wanting to monitor Spawns, not be possible thanking to Third Party applications which make it possible to use Stealthers EJ or Ghost CAMs AFK, unattended, because scripted in their monitoring routing.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    A lot of frustrations on my shard of  a certain guild able to run a "toon" 22/7 checking spawns and yes as per the other post I tried to stop them and I end up getting the ban hammer. What do we/I do? Isn't the way they do what they do against the ToS?

Just kill them ffs.

It's not a hard concept and if you can't defend yourselves then why are you doing a champion spawn in the first place.

Just kill them ffs.

It's not a hard concept and if you can't defend yourselves then why are you doing a champion spawn in the first place.
    That is not the point, to my opinion.

Why should it be possible to always have under control any and all wanted spawns thanking to unattended, AFK scripted stealthing EJs or Ghost CAMs ?

The way I see it, the player who is actually working the spawn is using his/her time at the keyboard to do the work.

Then comes someone else at the very end, after most of the work has been done, thanking to these stealthing EJs and Ghost CAMs being scripted to check the spawns, and in just a few minutes raids the spawn and kills the Boss taking it all ?

How is this fair, if I may ask ?

As I said, if players wanted to spend their time at the keyboard, attended, to check any and all spawns, I have no problem whatsoever.

But I do have problems wherever these spawns are monitored with no usage of a players time, AFK, unattended, thanking to some Third Party utility which allows to script stealthing EJs and/or Ghost CAMs which, when they detect activity at a spawn, then send an alert to some discord channel.

I think that the Developers should address this, especially since, it has been my understanding, unattened, AFK gameplay is sanctioned as one can read from the reports in the Newsletters.

Why should then the monitoring of Spawns through the use of scripted stealthers EJs and/or Ghost CAMs be an exception ?
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    popps said:

Just kill them ffs.

That is not the point, to my opinion.

I don't care about your opinion? Obviously if I did then I would have quoted you. 
    Clearly I am speaking to PaladinBob so i didn't read anything you wrote after what I just quoted.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    CovenantX said:

That's what happens when those in charge let the cheating slide for so long.   

I'm not sure what else the result of doing nothing could have been.

Facts.