so you can be banned in game for blocking a door and leaving a path?

for example. theres a 3 tile entrance into a place. i put an object down on two tiles but leave one open.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,115

so you can be banned in game for blocking a door and leaving a path?

Of course.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • but....its not blocking
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    If there's a path, you should be safe, doesn't matter if a player is standing in that path or not.

hell, even back in the day when people actually got banned for things, people used to completely block off faction bases, with boxes full of candleabras, chopped on every tile, with no path and never heard of anyone being banned from doing that....  but you can script-bot purtrifier, svetra, champ spawns (pvp might interfere with this one) or any other content you want without punishment,  they let the most game-breaking cheats slide and go after meaningless offenses that have no effect on anything.

you should be able to fight that suspension/ban, the worst part about it is there are people bot-farming on multiple shards, and nothing happens to them, then you see things like this where someone gets banned when actually playing by the rules...  The 'hope' is diminished for UO every time something like this happens. not been looking good these past few years, especially.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CovenantX said:
    If there's a path, you should be safe, doesn't matter if a player is standing in that path or not.

hell, even back in the day when people actually got banned for things, people used to completely block off faction bases, with boxes full of candleabras, chopped on every tile, with no path and never heard of anyone being banned from doing that....  but you can script-bot purtrifier, svetra, champ spawns (pvp might interfere with this one) or any other content you want without punishment,  they let the most game-breaking cheats slide and go after meaningless offenses that have no effect on anything.

you should be able to fight that suspension/ban, the worst part about it is there are people bot-farming on multiple shards, and nothing happens to them, then you see things like this where someone gets banned when actually playing by the rules...  The 'hope' is diminished for UO every time something like this happens. not been looking good these past few years, especially.

This is the best post I have ever seen. yes. thank u. completely agree. Put in several emails to fight it. Always left a path here with a toon standing in it never once fully blocked. Gets you pretty discouraged for sure.
    You literally have the word blocking in your question.

Show the reason they banned you. Don't make up stuff. It's in your email. 

Was probably illegal use of game mechanics or an item.
  • Log of incident: Player was blocking an entrance using bagballs.

attached picture shows when he was kicked not blocking. used the word blocking cuz they did in the email.
  • Pawain said:

also. those are weird assumptions based on a post complaining about getting banned for not blocking a doorway/walkway. lol
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Doing something like this can get you banned because it limits the ability to escape.

Pawain said:

also. those are weird assumptions based on a post complaining about getting banned for not blocking a doorway/walkway. lol
    So you refuse to show the email telling you what part of the terms of service you violated.

We all know you can not use bag balls to block or dictate navigation of players or Mobs.

Somebody felt you were up to no good when they paged on you.

• PaladinBobPaladinBob Posts: 52
    edited January 15
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

So you refuse to show the email telling you what part of the terms of service you violated.

We all know you can not use bag balls to block or dictate navigation of players or Mobs.

Somebody felt you were up to no good when they paged on you.

lol  your so aggressive. that was the original topic. always heard blocking paths are illegal and showed in my pic what was done of not blocking a path.
    edited January 15
    Congrats. You broke three rules.

:D 

Non passable items can not be used as traffic cones in UO.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    for example. theres a 3 tile entrance into a place. i put an object down on two tiles but leave one open.

Your picture shows you didn't leave a path. The ban is jusfified.
  • CovenantX said:

Exactly. There is nothing wrong with what you were doing in the screen shot. I'd send an email to Mesanna. 
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    edited January 15
    For me, you have blocked it.

If that is Felucca with Stam block rules.

If you were in Wraith mode, you would not be blocking, but a llama hidden, is a physical block.

If the llama were not positioned there, you would not be blocking.

I think you know yourself, very well, that you are blocking, and it is intentional. Otherwise, you would not have your llama there.

ps. I don't care by the way, if you have or have not cheated, or blocked, or whatever, I'm not being judgemental, I'd happily do the same and think nothing of it. 

But on a pure black and white, is that a Block, yes it is. 

If I were doing that manoeuvre, it would be purely to block a bot, or mob, or something.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    is that a ban for first offense ? if so that seems harsh. is it a 24 hour ban or a 72 hour ban ?
    not that there are new players but i could see new players pulling that kinda bs 
  • its to try and stop the constant bot on my shard that are harrassing people since we have no help as far as gm's go to stop them.was an EJ account, so anything as far as i know is perma ban first offense but was always told leave an opening and you are good. would wraith form still detect someone stealthing through me?
  • ViVGamesViVGames Posts: 6
    I can't help but feel a little sick when the bots win.
    was a post deleted ?

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Skett said:
    was a post deleted ?

No Skett.

Some things puzzle me
    1. if this plan was intended to foil a bot, who reported the harrassement?
    2. If the character was attended, why did you not get a 'tries to push you aside' message, allowing you to attack and kill the bot?

Does anyone ever use bagballs to actually play bagball? They were not put into the game to block movement of players.
  • said bot is a bot in the automatic movement sense. the bot walks a path and is hard to kill. the bot picks up bagballs. shadow leaps over object etc. if not bagballs I would use something else. not to block the path as it is pointless. THis is/was an early warning system I guess. Someone is looking at the screen of this toon enough to sometimes chime in when/IF a gm talks to them. I been trying to stop these guys long enough they know I do it. They see the bagballs in their bots inv. by the time I was reported he had passed me half a dozen times, picking up the bagballs everytime. just a little detect hidden to see who is there and there u go. It's a stupid back and forth game and it shouldn't be going on.
    edited January 15
    Why don't yall understand that these "bots" are attended.  It seems none of you have more going on at your gaming station than playing UO.  There are players who have multiple computers, multiple monitors, etc. Many people work from home all day on a computer. Not much of a stretch to also have UO or other games running also.

You were harassing the player by blocking.

Why does other people's play style bother you so much?  Play your own game, 
  • When other peoples "play" style affects mine then its my problem. They are attended, allready said that. like diff monitor/window doesnt make the automated movement and reporting to discord something that is legal and should be allowed. You are obviously part of this crowd, it's shouldn't be allowed and will ruin the game the more you lean on the assumption that putting a bagball on the ground is worse than what is going on.lol
    edited January 15
    When other peoples "play" style affects mine then its my problem. They are attended, allready said that. like diff monitor/window doesnt make the automated movement and reporting to discord something that is legal and should be allowed. You are obviously part of this crowd, it's shouldn't be allowed and will ruin the game the more you lean on the assumption that putting a bagball on the ground is worse than what is going on.lol
    Sorry I do have 3 monitors and could do this, but I play CC with nothing else.  Unless you count, watching TV or a movie, and playing a turn based game while playing UO.

You can accuse me all, day but that will not stop the fact that you are harassing other players by trying to control how they play. 

They do not affect your gameplay, they only affect your need to control other people.

https://www.apa.org/topics/anger/control
  • Who Will get in charge for blocking my movement yesterday at the idoc on the Atlantic shard?
    Who will be banned if a client of the O always casts a wall of stone one tiles in Front of my running?
    It's always the same.

That brings me another step closer to the cliff.

The average player knows there are bots running by several players (well tbh, the 'average' player in UO is cheating but,we'll continue to act like that's not the case), if not immediately, surely with a bit of observation over a given period of time.    the average player expects one of two things to occur.

1) The rules be enforced so the behavior stops happening. (being part of the rules, this should be the expected course of action... Why isn't it?)

2) The average player expects to be able to do the same cause that's what they're seeing happen..   (It's clear the majority of players went with 2, because as cheating has become more blatant than ever before, after all.)

-It's probably safe to say Mesanna was full of **** when she said "cheats are detectable", because if that's the case, it would be hard to believe that another player is required to page on a 'suspected' cheater, and IF the cheater is ever banned, it's always for "Unattended  Macroing", which is not really possible without an illegal client/program to begin with.    illegal program use => Unattended Macroing... you know... in case you didn't get the hint.

Here on the Official Forums, we're not even allowed to discuss (by name) the third-party clients that apparently at least 80%+ players are using (I'd say closer to 95% based on my experience with players, in discord & various other social programs over the years) and that's causing a massive disparity in the way rules are enforced on these forums Vs the rules being enforced in the game these forums are for.  I've never seen that anywhere but here with UO.   How the hell are the rules more strict on the forums than they are using the actual service?

There are many threads on these forums that have had posts edited by a moderator to remove visible cheats in the screenshots or videos. and that's a very very tiny percentage of people using cheats/programs in comparison to those that use them, and do not post here.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
    edited January 15
    @CovenantX ; Birds of a feather flock together.  Your post is just like when My daughter said everyone in high school is doing drugs.  She wasn't but all her friends were.  10 years later she has found, ya it was her group of friends. 

My  UO experience is the opposite.  None of the players I play with cheat.
    id have to say 95% is a very high % id say it seems more like a 50/50 maybe I see a lot use the (blank) programs on certain discord channels i see but must people I know in game are not using any. I use cc nothing more not even a map add on but id like to use a better (blank) if it was approved
    Pawain said:
       to be fair, most people would say that, regardless if it's true or not.

ICQ# 478 633 659
    CovenantX said:
    Pawain said:
       to be fair, most people would say that, regardless if it's true or not.

Again Birds of a feather flock together. 
This discussion has been closed.