Warning regarding Billing (NO) Management server

My Credit expired at the end of this month and the folks at Amex sent me a shiny new gold card.

So, I had to update my CC info. 

I made sure it reciprocated for ALL EIGHT accounts.   

However, the billing server farted, took a dump, and closed two of my accounts.

I want to take this opportunity to thank Broadsword and EA for the near HEART ATTACK when I couldn't login into the account with my Compassion Desert Castle and the account with the Ranger of the Abyss house.

Anywho problem fixed, and that's two less idocs for you idoc turkeys. 

However please watch out for the billing server because I did manually make sure each account was updated and it still closed two of them.

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,800
    Which is why I make sure to buy some sovereigns after updating my CC info. It forces the system to use a CC right then and there and lets you know if the correct CC was used.
  • TimSt said:
    Which is why I make sure to buy some sovereigns after updating my CC info. It forces the system to use a CC right then and there and lets you know if the correct CC was used.
    That is a very smart idea right there!   Thank You :) I will remember that if I half to do anything to the CC in the future! 
  • Luc_of_LegendsLuc_of_Legends Posts: 318
    edited January 23

*UPDATE*

Okay so guess I should have done as TimSt recommended.

Because now I have had to rinse and repeat TWICE!

The first two went down on the 13th and I had just got my replacement Amex.

I updated immediately it SHOULD have been good after that.

Then Four more went down on the 17th and another set to got down on the 18th
    I went in and check the updated card was on file. I had to MANUALLY resub each account.

This is AFTER I had updated them with the new card on 13th/14th.

Today account number 8 went down AFTER being updated!!! 

It did not renew and once again I had to MANUALLY RENEW!

This is beyond terrible programming and I question if the system is PCI compliant?

I know the game is 25+ years old but there no excusing this crappy billing system.
    edited to remove personal attacks by Mariah

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I can only conclude that, for some reason, your credit card update did not apply as expected. Billing problems cannot be discussed in this public forum, please take your enquiry to email. Thank you.
This discussion has been closed.