cu sidhe taming question

On my shard, all the cu sidhe's have been tamed, and renamed "xxxxxx" 
I've tried taming some but no progress. My animal taming is 106 
I'm new to trying to tame them
I move up start taming, run back, cast invisibility, become visible and start to tame, but they always go aggro and I never start the taming process.

My initial thought is because they have all been tamed before,
but it could be the skill or my technique, so thought I would ask on the forum.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Someone has tamed, re-named and released them. Are you finding these pre-tamed cu sidhe in both areas where they spawn? In the woods east of Lakeshire and in Twisted Weald?
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    U may already be doing this but just incase...

Set a macro for tame last target & just hold it down for taming any pet that will aggro on taming attempts. It makes taming them much easier.
  • XroseXrose Posts: 61
    @Mariah
    Yes I visited both places. Server went down earlier today, but they are still there.

@Acid_Rain
    I haven't tried it but will give it ago. I wasn't too sure if because they had been tamed and released then it would make the job impossible, however I was not getting any status messages telling me so.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    at a guess someone is trying to spawn a blaze. Look around a bit, there should be some that aren't tamed yet, as one will spawn when one is tamed, I think the Lakeshire wood should have 3.
    @Acid_Rain
    Ah okay I did what you said and just spammed that macro and the first message after the cu sidhe was spammed several times was "this animal has had too many owners and is too upset for you to tame"
    Its a shame because there are none to tame. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352

There are a couple, I'm standing next to this one right now.
    At the time I went out of the hundred I saw named xxxxxx there were only about four named "A Cu Sidhe" and when I tried them, I think they were also tamed and re-released. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    You can kill the outside ones with no karma loss
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Go into twisted weild and kill the paragons when the normal ones run out. The released ones will have reduced melee stats of you tame those.

There are always fresh ones there if you kill the paragons. The released ones will fight changlings.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.