Final Thoughts to the end

of this year.
No info about the big BOLD thing? Since years anounced, alpha tested, i heard some rumors but i think this NL thing will not satisfy the player base.

Better invest your time into small improvements. For example i play the CC most of the time.
Why
  • Health/Damagebars are buggy after some time. They don't show the real health of an enemy or sometimes the own pet
  • i cannot find a target or my corpse by holding CTRL-SHIFT? The bars are jumping the whole time or the corpse is hidden by other corpses(at EM or ToT events).
  • For bandage self or pet i have to open the first aid belt first
  • at winterspur my ship glitches away (wasn't shown after some time). I use it as a ressing base for me and other players. Why this happened?
  • Runic Atlas and the use of ship recall runes destroy default destinations settings.
  • we still have a bag which cannot been used like the EC client? If i have to find something, i have always to swith to this ugly EC stuff. My eyes are getting older like this game is getting older.
  • logging from one EJ account to another on the same server give a big delay in logging in. The EC does it without waiting some minutes.
With Publish 100 you gave us a lot of bug fixes. I think it's time to repeat this.

The ToT event gave good revenues as turn-in's. It was a hard work for me to get all thoose points. Playing in a team it was very funny.  The only bad taste were thoose trains made with 3party clients and scripts. But this is adressed in other threads also. My final final thought about this is, why i should play a game wich only consists of NPC and BOT's?

The new communication manager is a step closer to the people but i wish that there is more information about the future of UO.

I wish all a HAPPY NEW YEAR and good times. Stay healthy and lucky in 2024.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    While I can't do anything about bugs in general, I can tell you how to find your corpse in a pile. Use 'Allnames'

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,306
    edited December 2023
    To find your body go to the actions menu and scroll down too the switch object handle tool.  You type your name in the box and that’s what will show up when you do control-shift.  Just found this last night.  A player told me how to use it a couple years ago so I could quickly locate Easter eggs but I could not remember how we did it.  My directions might not be 100% correct.  Do internet searches on switch object handle, and allnames to get more information.

My advice is to not get too hung up on the bugs.  When the action gets hot, they show up in droves.  Look for work arounds.  When targeting fails, which is 100% of the time now, I go to meteor swarm or chain lighting put the cursor over the target and cast away.
  • Mariah said:
    While I can't do anything about bugs in general, I can tell you how to find your corpse in a pile. Use 'Allnames'

I use AllNames since 20+ years. Its fixed bound to one of my F-Keys. Even if you have only one char on a server it helps to be in a (own) guild. Because your corpse name will be green.

Yesterday for example we had a lot of corpse in the roof and a bunch of gold stacks. So CTRL-Shift wasn't an option and AllNames takes a while to find my corpse. When a EM event is running there is no chance to find the corpse.

I will check out this object handle option which was already checked in the "Interface" Section of the options setup. In CC the function just enables the CTRL-SHIFT function. Only in EC there is a filter on a text option. But i play CC.
    Thanks for the tip. Maybe i start the EC sometimes to find the corpse if i have the time.

• TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 194
    Each time i have to start the EC to find an item in my bag, it is a step closer to left this game. Today it increases by one.