I am officially declaring it.

shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
From now on all of the bots are allowed in this game.

Right now in Atlantic in the ice area there are at least hundred bots. There are more bots than the creeps spawning. Most of bot hordes are controlled by one person because they are moving in groups of 5 to 10 bots. If the GMs/admins are not doing anything about these easy to catch bots right in front of their eyes, they will never ever do anything about any of the bots in this game.

Now y'all can go and implement your own bots. I will be creating 100 EJ accounts and learning how to write bots before the next event.

You can thank me in form of gold or platinum if you want.

Comments

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    I heard, that in an hour, a player running 5-6 BOTs can gather about 250-300 drops...

And the change to EJ characters limited to 1 per IP will not affect subscribed accounts so, if a player has several subscribed accounts, as I understand it, they will still be able to run them all together at once... not to mention whether there might be away (which I do not know since I lack the technical knowledge) to trick UO, somehow, and thus still play multiple EJ characters even when the IP is only 1....

I might very well be wrong but, I would find it very hard to control 5 or 6 characters each of them individually, separatedly from one another (multi-clienting) in a high density spawn area with Paragons... I suspect (but not using these applications I really do not know, it is only a guess of mine, perhaps someone with more knowledge about these things might say how it works....), that perhaps these multiple characters are controlled through Third Party applications which give to players the ability to control multiple characters at once, with 1 single macro for them all to then behave ?

Should it work like that, that is, that some Third Party application is needed to control multiple characters in game all at once, with the same macros, then, I suspect, we might keep seeing these BOTs in the game, I worry...., unless, the ability to use non authorized Third Party applications with UO will somehow be stopped to be possible.

At least, that is how I see it.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Please do not encourage players to cheat.
    Developers have asked that we not discuss third party applications on this forum, please speculate elsewhere.
This discussion has been closed.