Simple QOL feature request for the CC: macro for 'Toggle Item Insurance'

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE? @Kyronix ; <3  give us a little Christmas present by allowing us to set a macro for the "Toggle Item Insurance" target cursor.

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• I don't use CC, but i could get behind this. It's in the EC, no reason not to put it in the CC.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Just out of interest, what you actually want to use this for?
    If its for insuring multiple items at event, and this goes to @ popps too, i find its just as easy to open the insurance menu sporadically, is very easy to locate uninsured items there.
    much easier to have the macro, especially in EC I have mine on the screen next to my open pack and when it drops in my pack i hit the macro, then the item. can usually do it on the fly. I'm with @username, put it in the CC too.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    edited December 2023
    Just out of interest, what you actually want to use this for?
    If its for insuring multiple items at event, and this goes to @ popps too, i find its just as easy to open the insurance menu sporadically, is very easy to locate uninsured items there.
    The problem with opening the insurance menu sporadically, at least for me, is that if I die in between, I likely end up losing drops to Monsters looting them....

And since the decay rate has been accellerated for non-Paragon MoBs, in between the time I get ressed and re-equipped likely some other player has alread killed the monster which looted my drop(s) and the corpse has decayed by the time I get there taking away my drop(s) which the MoB looted from me....

The Chalice of Pilfering ? It only works 2 hours per day.... if a player plays longer, for example over the weekend, it does not work over 2 hours....

Since players put time into trying to get their drops, having them looted by monsters whose corpses decay way too fast, I think should make them NOT lootable by MoBs, period.

@Kyronix , please, can you make the "Treasures of" drops NOT lootable by MoBs ?

At least, by non-Paragon MoBs whose corpses decay way too fast ?

Thank you.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    What does this macro do?  Does it find and insure drops?  Sorry about the underling.  Don’t see any command that turns it on or off.  Or, does it just display the cursor and the player still has to click-on the item to display it.  Unless you are running automatically, you would stop when you start looking in your pack for the item.  Seems to me the macro should display the items in your pack with the drop at the top and then insure that item.  Can you write a macro that does that.
  • Arnold7 said:
    What does this macro do?  Does it find and insure drops?  Sorry about the underling.  Don’t see any command that turns it on or off.  Or, does it just display the cursor and the player still has to click-on the item to display it.  Unless you are running automatically, you would stop when you start looking in your pack for the item.  Seems to me the macro should display the items in your pack with the drop at the top and then insure that item.  Can you write a macro that does that.

If you are asking about the one in EC, it just gives you a targetting cursor and you target the item in your pack. makes it simpler and quicker than bringing up the menu. and with me having it placed near my open pack, depending on my direction of travel i can do it without stopping or changing directions.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    Arnold7 said:

If you are asking about the one in EC, it just gives you a targetting cursor and you target the item in your pack. makes it simpler and quicker than bringing up the menu. and with me having it placed near my open pack, depending on my direction of travel i can do it without stopping or changing directions.

The EC backpac, though, can come with a grid which makes it easier to find and target the latest drop... with the CC backpack, instead, especially when drops have the color of this Event's drops, it can very well be quite hard to see, find and then target the "latest" drop... especially when the item is particularly small.

To my opinion, it should be an automated insure for all of the "of the Shogun" (or whatever Event) drops which drop in the player's backpack without the player needing to sort all items in the backpack before being able to find the latest drop which needs to be insured....
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    edited December 2023
    Thanks  for the clarification.  EC is what I was asking about. Might give that a try.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    In EC a simpler method would be simply switch to list view (green button to toggle between it and grid).
    Last item added is always at the top.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited December 2023
    Just out of interest, what you actually want to use this for?
    You can have spell icons for every spell on the side of your screen pulled out of the spellbook to cast them, so why would we need macros for them?

You can drag skills out of the skill list, so why would we need macros to activate skills?

You can just double click the last thing you used, so why would we need a last object macro?

Really, I fail to see why you are questioning this and is the most ignorant thing I've ever heard in my life, no offense, but some offense. It simply makes things easier for players... that's why? Is that too much to ask?

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited December 2023
    @Arnold7 underlining is accidentally turned on if you hit Ctrl+ U before typing , it is turned off the same way, or you can edit by clicking on </> in the format bar above the message box, which toggles html view showing the code so that you can remove it.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited April 20
    Bumping this for visibility. Impossible to find yourself in this group to SINGLE CLICK yourself, there should definitely be ANOTHER WAY!

Single click self (or context menus) for insurance cursor, let alone to get to the insurance menu and find the item, is a clunky + slow method and there should be another way that doesn't involve that.

Please @Kyronix a macro in the CC (&EC?) for the "Toggle Item Insurance" target cursor.