Interview with EM Nekomata!

Community ManagerCommunity Manager Posts: 139Dev
edited December 2023 in General Discussions

This week I had the pleasure of speaking with EM Nekomata! Definitely an interesting read!!

1.    What made you decide to start EMing?

When the EM program was first introduced in Japan in 2010, there were eight shards worlds and only two EMs. I guess it was when I saw one of them saying "猫の手も借りたい" and recruiting players to become EMs. In English, it means I'll take all the help I can get.

2.    What is your favorite part about EMing?

I love it when I meet player who enjoys talking to the characters in a story event. I'm simply happy that people have shown interest in the story and I love the depth of the story that is brought to life by players who respond.

3.    What is your favorite memory thus far of EMing?

I've been doing EM for over 10 years and can't decide which is my best memory. The live events, the story events, the mini-events and anniversary events with players, because they were all so much fun.

4.    What is your most memorable moment playing UO?

I know that's a boring answer, but maybe when I became a 7GM craftsman, which in 1999 was a big deal. I was repairing armor in the guild house when the rest of the guild was talking about PK's and PKK's. I still spend more time playing as a craftsman.

5.    What is your favorite thing to do in UO?

Maybe running vendor shops. I'd also get my house cleaned out. I have a bad habit of hoarding items.

6.    Is there a specific event that you've done that is your favorite? What is it?

This is a mini-event series goblin’s restaurant. Each time a named fish’s fishing contest is held, the fish caught are used to create a dish to add to the restaurant's menu. We used to have a gardening event in New Magincia, but since the introduction of the governor system, we have left that to the New Magincia governor.

7.    Was a drop you made that you favorite most out of all of them thus far? What is it?

Solen's favorite lump sugar. The reason is because EM, whom I respect, told she likes it. Reversed Cross Of Vampire Laura. I like this one too because my boss praised it. Another one is a dolphin statue called "Shiro-Iruka". It's a very old one, but it has Ettin's voice by mistake, even though it's a dolphin. It's a mistake I would never make nowadays, but it's funny.

8.    Is there a specific story that comes to mind about UO that has stuck with you to date?

I don't have anything special to say about this. Just that UO life started when I was born in Sosaria. And I plan to continue to spend my time watching the nails rust away.

9.    Do you have any words of wisdom for the players out there? New and Old?

“I just want to mention that you can play whatever you want, as long as you don't get caught by the GM .”

10. Is there anything else you'd like to add to the players out there?

Thank you very much for always participating in my events. I look forward to seeing you again in the future with more challenging and rewarding content.

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com