Dried Herbs need a Quality of Life change

with the recent addition of Tomahawk Steaks to the Huntmaster Challenge I decided to go and get me some.
it's been probably years since I took my 100 cooking off the soul stone where it lives so there have been some changes and additions to cooking in my absence.
one of which is Dried Herbs and Fresh Seasoning which requires Dried Herbs to make.
what fresh hell is obtaining Dried Herbs!?!?!?!?!?!

I did some research and did some reading and off to the Moonglow Herbal place I went with my crate thief.
hours...... HOURS I spent priming the crates and stealing and getting guard whacked to obtain..... what 11 Dried Herbs?
and I lost some in the cooking fails!

we need a quality of life change with Dried Herbs.
I think they should add 'Herbs' to the seeds so we can grow them.
then once collected add 'Drying the herbs' to the cooking menu.
at least that way we could obtain some regular supply of these.
heaven forbid you want to make 100 Tomahawk Steaks and give them out at an event or summer BBQ get-together!

Comments

• i for one am glad they did this, they are tyrin to breath some life into a dead profession
  • PooPoo Posts: 41
    really?
    That's the answer to revive stealing?
    become a chef's errand boy?

Thieves went from stealing items from your backpack that were actually worthwhile and had a monetary value to stealing the Cornel's 9th of 11 secret ingredient and that is breathing life into it?
  • Cooking itself is in need of a revamp. All food should provide buffs/benefits, not just Magical Fish Pies, Enchanted Apples, Grapes of Wrath, Fruit Bowls, Egg Bombs, Blackrock Stew, and Savage Kin Paint (this hasn't actually been very useful for a long time).
  • I'm with Poo, please add them as a resource from a plant. I'd say make them only available as a stealable from the higher end bosses, but as I play siege, and there are no Thieves on Siege . . .
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Poo said:
    with the recent addition of Tomahawk Steaks to the Huntmaster Challenge I decided to go and get me some.
    it's been probably years since I took my 100 cooking off the soul stone where it lives so there have been some changes and additions to cooking in my absence.
    one of which is Dried Herbs and Fresh Seasoning which requires Dried Herbs to make.
    what fresh hell is obtaining Dried Herbs!?!?!?!?!?!

I did some research and did some reading and off to the Moonglow Herbal place I went with my crate thief.
    hours...... HOURS I spent priming the crates and stealing and getting guard whacked to obtain..... what 11 Dried Herbs?
    and I lost some in the cooking fails!

we need a quality of life change with Dried Herbs.
    I think they should add 'Herbs' to the seeds so we can grow them.
    then once collected add 'Drying the herbs' to the cooking menu.
    at least that way we could obtain some regular supply of these.
    heaven forbid you want to make 100 Tomahawk Steaks and give them out at an event or summer BBQ get-together!
    Are Tomahawk Steaks used as an ingredient for something ?

Or do they give a particular Buff when eaten ?

I mean, do they have a particular utility or are they just decoration ?
  • NonelNonel Posts: 26
    Town crates and dungeon stuff has that weird and unnecessary requirement where you have to activate the stealing skill before picking the item up. Just remove that quirk and increase the herb spawn. Or just sell the things at the herbalist NPC.

Thieves aren't dead. I steal plenty. Trying to Trammie us isn't revival.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    Having to use the stealing skill adds the risk of getting guard whacked. Which to some adds to the fun.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    TimSt said:
    Having to use the stealing skill adds the risk of getting guard whacked. Which to some adds to the fun.

It took me quite a while but this is how I bought my very first small 7x7 house outside Brit graveyard... stealing things from Brit barrels and selling them to NPCs.