Stuck on a Quest - Garamon

XroseXrose Posts: 61
edited December 2023 in General Discussions
I came down here to get to the Underworld, and went through the acid slime route. I went past the secret door covered in vines, read the journal, pulled the lever, the globe lifts up, reveals a blue key, however when i double click the key I get a message "You cannot think of a reason why you would want to do that". I even tried telekinesis on it, thinking maybe there was one use for that spell.

I'm stuck in the room, waiting for the key, and hoping someone answers this problem.

Garamon’s Quest (Abyss Entry) – Ultima Online (uo.com)

Comments

• just going to ask the obvious question, did you accept the quest and it is showing in your quest log?
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• XroseXrose Posts: 61
    edited December 2023
    Hmmm, you know the funny thing is when I was done writing the post and adding the sceen-shot that did come to mind, but I had crossed the line of post writing and the "post comment" button was just way too tempting.

Before I check, I might as well ask the question. "Does whom give the quest thus?"

Because in the walkthrough it didn't say anything about receiving a quest... but I am going to check that it actually doesn't because I could be wrong.

• Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,845
    edited December 2023
    I believe that all you need to do is talk to Garamon, or at least have him talk to you. all i ever do is go to the abyss side and do that one. you can teleport to the temple as a human and likely find a rune to it in any rune library.

edited December 2023
    I see how this works. I have actually completed Egwexem and Naxatilor quest, so all I actually had to do was go the other way (at the Shrine of Singularity) or turn right next (into the secret door) to Garamon.

However, since I have completed Egwexem and Naxatilor, I don't have the option to start Garamons quest and the furthest I can get is to this room with the globe over the blue key.

Is there any way I can do the quest to get Shroud of the Condemned. Not that I really need or want it, but I was just curious.

In short the meandering way I chose was to head to the Shrine of Singularity in Ter Mur utter "unorus" answer the questions (didn't have to wait 24 hours, more like fifteen minutes) then went to my house in moonglow, took a boat to Fire Isle. Went inside the entrance to the underworld, tried to do Garamunds quest, came out, saw the secret door to the right of Garamund and went through there.
      :#

Then I ran all the way up the top to where I wanted to get (Fire elemental spawn, the reason I started all of this) and exited at the Tomb of Kings, well now I better find Egwexem to start the quest that I erm... have already finished.
  • The shroud of the Condemned is a rare Drop from Tyball's Shadow, not a quest reward. just go kill him several Bajillion times and you may get one, IF the RNG deems you worthy.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    erm, how much of the quest walkthrough did you read?
    First couple of lines say:
    There are two entry quests for the Stygian Abyss, Garamon’s Quest beginning in Underworld or Naxatilor’s Quest beginning in Ter Mur. You may only undertake one of these, if you undertake Naxatilor’s Quest you will be unable to do Garamon’s Quest and vice versa.

edited December 2023

It think it becomes more obvious when its complete, and less so when your trying.

My intention was never to do the quest, it was to get to a location, so I was reading the articles for understanding of how to get somewhere, my eyes were not really looking at details of a quest more skimming over how to enter. 

To shed more light on this, when I first realised I wanted to enter the Stygian Abyss I followed the guide here Stygian Abyss Dungeon - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia and that never states accepting quests from an NPC.

For example the way I have done it causes more issue, than if I were introduced to "To enter the Stygian abyss you must complete one of two quests from seperate NPCs" 

Problem is now, I am at the Tomb of Kings and when I say "Ord" to the Flame of Order, nothing happens. 

Solved. To be fair the walkthroughs on uo.com rather than uoguide.com are better and more complete.