EC - Movement stutters when Paperdoll is opened

looploop Posts: 309
1. Open your paperdoll while you're running
2. Observe game stutters

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,030
    This happens in CC also,
    it also causes all spawn on screen that is not yet aggressing anything to aggress you (same as when you teleport.)

(some people like to use this as a feature - method of aggressing spawn)

perhaps 
    Since it's a bug you find useful it's ok?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Grimbeard said:
    This happens in CC also,
    it also causes all spawn on screen that is not yet aggressing anything to aggress you (same as when you teleport.)

perhaps 
    Did he say it was ok, NO he did not, grow up.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,030
    Grimbeard said:
    This happens in CC also,

perhaps 
    Did he say it was ok, NO he did not, grow up.
    Now i know allen made you bugs police but go away 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    edited December 2023
    This is normal for me.  Takes UO a while to stabilize after opening.  Sometimes it just grays out instead.  Most times it’s running normally within a minute, sometimes much longer.  Activating the game is always an adventure.

Read your post a little more carefully.  Have not noticed this when displaying my paperdoll.  Usually mine is always on screen so I can see which Spellbook I am holding as I change them quite often in Tokuno.
  • looploop Posts: 309
    edited December 2023
    I couldn't tell whether or not was happening in the CC, given its frame rate. It's hard to tell what's a bug-induced stutter and what's just normal.

For the EC, this appears to be a quirk of this function: UserActionUseItem. If I just create the Paperdoll directly, nothing stutters for me.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,030
    edited December 2023
    My reading/understanding of UserActionUseItem is that this is double left-click, whereas HandleSingleLeftClkTarget is single left-click.

So, from my reading, the EC is literally taking possession of your mouse cursor (or the mouse thread) for a split second to actually perform a double left-click on your character, before freeing and returning the mouse to its previous position. Since your mouse is not out in front of you for a moment, movement stops for that moment.

I guess technically this would not be a bug, since the code is executing as intended. However, it's certainly a poor way to have the UI work. 
    -Arroth