How do i control this many characters and avoid being banned?

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited November 2023 in General Discussions
Have paged on this group dozens of times so apparently it's legal. How do I do this @Kyronix ;@Mesanna ?

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited November 2023
    And how come my auto follow doesn't follow like this? Mine goes all over the place, this person's characters are always 1 tile behind the 'leader' like clockwork? Is that a setting in the CC somewhere? 

Almost like it's incredibly obvious there's some helper program being used but GMs ignore it?
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    At this point we can’t afford to lose anymore paying players so Do what you want I’m guessing?
  • I doubt that any dev would answer this but maybe someone else will. If the selected few are allowed to 'play' the game in this manner it would be nice to make it an even playing ground for all those that wish to. But before you know it there won't be room in these areas for the average player who plays by the rules as they will be overtaken with the train bots. Greed is a powerful drive.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I doubt that any dev would answer this but maybe someone else will. If the selected few are allowed to 'play' the game in this manner it would be nice to make it an even playing ground for all those that wish to. But before you know it there won't be room in these areas for the average player who plays by the rules as they will be overtaken with the train bots. Greed is a powerful drive.
    *wonders how to control broom market on Baja*
  • Definitely not auto-follow, the leader (followed character) needs to walk more than 3 tiles for the auto-follow to react and move toward them, That's a script in the OP, probably the same script everyone banned for 'multi-boxing' is using....

as I said in another thread, there are obviously cheaters that aren't being flagged by the anti-afk system, although in the OP here, it appears the player is playing the main character.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited November 2023
    This is a good example of blatant multiboxing. Whenever people refer to multiboxing (which is illegal) this is what they mean which is clearly not possible with using any official client and there is no way that it's multi-clienting. There has been an increase of this type of behavior on ATL with gargs/archers which I have mixed feelings about because it is nice to drag paragon frost mites / skele drags / snow ladies over to this stack to have them immediately start chaining AI with every single character. It helps move the spawn along for sure.

In my opinion this is something that a GM can clearly see without even asking questions but they have been told to do nothing because the game likely can't afford to keep banning 5-10 subbed accounts.
  • HippoHippo Posts: 280
    I'm in the minority here, for I welcome the BOT trains. The way the spawn mechanism is setup, it increases the rate and size of spawn based on human or BOT characters running about. I'm like a hyena, I clean up the spawn that the BOTs that they either ignore and/or the mobs that spawn in the wake of the BOT Trains.
  • Hippo said:
    I'm in the minority here, for I welcome the BOT trains. The way the spawn mechanism is setup, it increases the rate and size of spawn based on human or BOT characters running about. I'm like a hyena, I clean up the spawn that the BOTs that they either ignore and/or the mobs that spawn in the wake of the BOT Trains.
        The devs could tune the spawn rate based on players when the bots are gone you'd only notice a difference in the amount of cheaters there are(n't).

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    My post went missing.

I thought it was a brilliant post. :)