pet trifecta achieved?

warrawarra Posts: 22
edited November 2023 in General Discussions
Would be nice if you have the pet trifecta, legendary Taming/Lore/Vet and when most of your good five slot pets are unmountable and you were allowed to use a store bought statue (like ethys) specific taming mount.
Tagged:

Comments

• You can switch to gargoyle, which allows you to fly at mount speed, while having a 5 slot pet with you.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,952
    edited November 2023
    Thrakkar said:
    You can switch to gargoyle, which allows you to fly at mount speed, while having a 5 slot pet with you.
    It is not the same as mounting a pet.

One of the issues which Tamers unfortunately experience, when running through a Dungeon or some other place with heavy spawn, is the issue of their pet getting aggroed by the spawn and stopping all the time to deal with the spawn...

This can become extremely frustrating and consume a whole lot of time if one needs to get through a given spawn, for example to get to the bottom level of a Dungeon in Felucca, where recalling/gating is not possible...

And no, in many places the ball of pet summoning does not work, unfortunately...

So, being able to mount a pet and run through a spawn has a valuable advantage as compared to a Gargoyle flying and having a pet have to follow....
  • popps said:
    It is not the same as mounting a pet.
    He did not ask for that.
    He specifically said unmountable 5-slot pet.

And yes, you obviously can't have both. Either being able to mount a pet or being able to move at mount speed with an unmountable 5-slot. Your decision...

popps said:
    One of the issues which Tamers unfortunately experience, when running through a Dungeon or some other place with heavy spawn, is the issue of their pet getting aggroed by the spawn and stopping all the time to deal with the spawn...
    Never had an issue with that:
    When you say "all follow me", the pets come right back to you. If you create a macro, you can repeat it on a button press without having to type it all over again. Also the command does not have a cooldown, so you can repeat it as often it is required. Maybe that is helpful to you.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    Get to where you want to be and use a pet ball
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Way  too many places that don't work 
  • Grimbeard said:
    Way  too many places that don't work 

Log out and in.  Works every time.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
     ;) 
  • warrawarra Posts: 22
    edited November 2023
    as per my tag #StopStayRelog i usually stop/stay the pet at the start, waddle through to spot then hide/relog. but walking there instead of mounting it there also attracts mobs too - i have been caught out in the past yeah and some paths are tedious to walk like tokuno mines, navrey the old school way, etc..