bugged "of the shogun" drops

i had just enough turn-ins for an item i wanted, but when i went to turn them in it came up 1 short.

i look in my pack and theres 1 "of the shogun" turn in left.  and no way to turn it in.  so i guess ill vendor it and pass on the bugged drop to some other poor unsuspecting soul.

Comments

• CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    Smoot said:
    i had just enough turn-ins for an item i wanted, but when i went to turn them in it came up 1 short.

i look in my pack and theres 1 "of the shogun" turn in left.  and no way to turn it in.  so i guess ill vendor it and pass on the bugged drop to some other poor unsuspecting soul.
    This happens if the drop came from an EJ account, and is account bound.
  • SmootSmoot Posts: 392
    edited October 2023
    Cookie said:
    Smoot said:

that would explain it.  i think i picked that one off the ground.  and it wont go on a vendor.

it CAN be traded tho.   so one can obviously see the exploit here.  if someone bought a bag of 50 of them via trade window there would be no way to tell they couldnt be turned in.  

because of this i wouldnt recommend anyone doing player to player buys of these items in a trade window.  off a vendor is the only way to make sure they arent EJ ones you cant turn in.
  • CookieCookie Posts: 1,260
    edited October 2023
    Smoot said:
    Cookie said:
    Smoot said:

that would explain it.  i think i picked that one off the ground.  and it wont go on a vendor.
    Indeed, I realised you would not be able to vendor it :)

Or it can happen if you loot a mob, who has looted other EJ players.

Yes, it could be used as a scam in the sense you say.
  • MitMit Posts: 38
    shouldnt it say account bound if an ej account aquired it?