Can anyone please help me understand this UOGuide section ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,958
edited October 2023 in General Discussions
I was reading the UOGuide Incription Bulk Order deeds page at https://www.uoguide.com/Inscription_BOD and I am having a hard time understanding this section

I have a hard time understanding the Table below that indicates the Quality, Quantity, Banked Points and Claimed Points... anyone can please help me understand it ? Thanks.
I understand that there are 10 Large BODs as possible, the Circle 1 (Magery), Circle 1 & 2 (Magery), Necromancy 1, Necromancy 2, Circle 4 (Magery), Circle 5 (Magery), Necromancy 3, Circle 7 (Magery), Circle 8 (Magery), Books.

The Table below, to my understanding, indicates how BODs can come in 10, 15 and 20 Quantity and indicates the Banked Points and Claimed Points possible for each of them.

Here comes my problems in understanding what that means....

First, the Banked Points and Claimed Points refer to the small BODs or the Large BODs ?

For Example, the very 1st 4 columns which read : Quality Normal Quantity 10 Banked Points 0.2 Claimed Points 10 refer to the Small BOD or the Large BOD (and which Large BOD of the 10 above in that case...) ?

Since the very last Column for Quality Normal, Quantity 20, Banked Points 100 Claimed Points 500 I know refers to the Large Books BOD, I would be incline to understand that those values refer to Large BODs and not Small BODs.

YET, if it is so, then why there is 7 pairs of columns Banked Points/Claimed Points for the 10 Large BODs indicated above it ?

Shouldn't there be also 10 pairs of colums Banked Points/Claimed Points ?

Unless, some Large BODs "share" the same values of Banked Points/Claimed Points (and so we have 7 pairs of Banked Points/Claimed Points instead of 10) in which case, does anyone know which of the 10 Large Inscription BODs happen to share the same value of Banked Points/Claimed Points ?

Thank you so much for the help !

@Mariah , I could not find in the UO Wiki BODs section the values for Banked Points/Claimed Points... unless it is too much trouble, and of course if you have the time to add it, I wonder if it would be possible to add it so that players trying to add up Banking Points to a certain figure, could more easily visually see also on the UO Wiki BODs section what Large BODs and how many they would need to do, in order to reach that given amount of Banking points then needed (without sacrificing Large BODs good for other Rewards which they may also need) to claim the Reward which they are looking for. Thanks !

Comments

• Don't forget you have 1 hour to play the game, WHY are you on bods now?

STOP TRYING TO CAUSE ARGUMENTS

This is not a debating club as you have been told countless times
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    edited October 2023
    @Mariah

For the love of god create an ignore feature. I do NOT want to see this person randomly thinking up argument topics and littering this forum with his personal nonsense

BEYOND A JOKE NOW

3,674 posts since joining in 2019 tells you all you need to know. I believe he is spamming the hell out of this and getting in the way of, or putting off other who GENUINELY need advice 

This is NOT his personal debate site so please once and for all allow those of us who are tired of his trolling and disrespect to forget about his stupidity 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,996Moderator
    I will look into that, but as a general rule, bank points are 20% of claimed points.
    However I believe that table is accurate.
    The first column refers to small bods, the second to the level 1 & 2 large bods, the third to the 2 lower necromancy and level 4 large bods etc. All the large bods listed in a column have the same values. That is shown on the wiki table too:

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    @ Mariah

For the love of god create an ignore feature. I do NOT want to see this person randomly thinking up argument topics and littering this forum with his personal nonsense

BEYOND A JOKE NOW

3,674 posts since joining in 2019 tells you all you need to know. I believe he is spamming the hell out of this and getting in the way of, or putting off other who GENUINELY need advice 

This is NOT his personal debate site so please once and for all allow those of us who are tired of his trolling and disrespect to forget about his stupidity 
    Please show some measure of self control and stop reading/responding to the posts that seem to agitate you. While you may not appreciate or even care about another forum users concerns, this is the forum to address those concerns and ask questions. Your hostile attitude is not conducive to conversation and is in fact a violation of the terms of service. Consider this before posting in a hostile manner again.  
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,958
    edited October 2023
    Mariah said:
    I will look into that, but as a general rule, bank points are 20% of claimed points.
    However I believe that table is accurate.
    The first column refers to small bods, the second to the level 1 & 2 large bods, the third to the 2 lower necromancy and level 4 large bods etc. All the large bods listed in a column have the same values. That is shown on the wiki table too:

Thank you for your reply.

The first Colums which you refer to (The first column refers to small bods, the second to the level 1 & 2 large bods, the third to the 2 lower necromancy and level 4 large bods etc.) I understand what they indicate and agree with your indications...

What I am having trouble with, is the second part with the numbers...

I am incline to understand that those numbers for Banked Points and Claimed Points columns refer to Large BODs, not small BODs yet, if one looks at the paired colums for Banked Points and Claimed Points, there is 7 pairs of columns showing yet, for inscription, we have 10 Large BODs existing...

So, I can read 7 paired numbers for Banked Points and Claimed Points yet I should "match" them with 10 Large BODs... this is what I am having a hard time with...

Matching each row (for 10, 15 and 20 quantity Larg BODs) Banked Points/Claimed Points for 7 pairs of colums showing in that Table at the bottom, with the 10 existing Large BODs displayed right above that Table.

Either there is 3 paired columns of Banked Points/Claimed Points missing OR, 3 of them (the numbers for Banked Points and Claimed Points) must be "shared" between some among the 10 Large inscription BODs.

This is what I am wondering if anyone else who might be more familiar with BODs and how UOGuide explains them was to know it.

Thanks.
  • what a complete joke

Wasting your Mod time with his nonsense

He is supposed to be using his valuable hour a day in Tokuno, he is playing you, and you fall for it every time
    what a complete joke

Wasting your Mod time with his nonsense

He is supposed to be using his valuable hour a day in Tokuno, he is playing you, and you fall for it every time
    There is not only the Tokuno Event, there is also going to be the Artisan's Festival which involves BODs, many players might be getting ready for that too.... besides the Tokuno Event and this infrmation about BODs and their Banked and Claimed Points might be usefull to some UO players.
    Those bods that are in the same column give the same number of points.
    This is also shown on the wiki page. There are 9 large bods, but they are grouped, 6 groups in all. As shown in the list:
    • Circle 1: Clumsy, Feeblemind, Weaken;
      Circle 1&2: Heal, Agility, Cunning, Cure, Strength
    • Necromancy: Blood Oath, Corpse Skin, Curse Weapon, Evil Omen, Pain Spike;
      Mind Rot, Summon Familiar, Animate Dead, Horrific Beast
    • Circle 4: Curse, Greater Heal, Recall
      Circle 5: Blade Spirit, Dispel Field, Magic Reflection, Paralyze, Summon Creature
      Necromancy: Poison Strike, Wither, Strangle
    • Circle 7: Chain Lightning, Flame Strike, Mana Vampire, Meteor Swarm, Polymorph
    • Circle 8: Summon Air Elemental, Summon Daemon, Summon Earth Elemental, Summon Fire Elemental, Summon Water Elemental
    • Books: Spellbook, Necromancer Spellbook, Runebook, Runic Atlas
    Each bullet point is a 'group' of large bods. Each large bod in the group gives the same reward points.

• JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    edited October 2023
    popps said:

many players might be getting ready for that too
    you don't speak for other players

and YOU are the one who moans about your precious play time and how you get less drops than others

Who are your guild mates? cant they answer 90% of your issues? discord friends?

or is this the ONLY place you can talk to others?

Why is that I wonder?

Shhh Jack!
    There may be other players who find it hard to understand.
    edited October 2023
    Mariah said:
    Those bods that are in the same column give the same number of points.
    This is also shown on the wiki page. There are 9 large bods, but they are grouped, 6 groups in all. As shown in the list:
    • Circle 1: Clumsy, Feeblemind, Weaken;
      Circle 1&2: Heal, Agility, Cunning, Cure, Strength
    • Necromancy: Blood Oath, Corpse Skin, Curse Weapon, Evil Omen, Pain Spike;
      Mind Rot, Summon Familiar, Animate Dead, Horrific Beast
    • Circle 4: Curse, Greater Heal, Recall
      Circle 5: Blade Spirit, Dispel Field, Magic Reflection, Paralyze, Summon Creature
      Necromancy: Poison Strike, Wither, Strangle
    • Circle 7: Chain Lightning, Flame Strike, Mana Vampire, Meteor Swarm, Polymorph
    • Circle 8: Summon Air Elemental, Summon Daemon, Summon Earth Elemental, Summon Fire Elemental, Summon Water Elemental
    • Books: Spellbook, Necromancer Spellbook, Runebook, Runic Atlas
    Each bullet point is a 'group' of large bods. Each large bod in the group gives the same reward points.

Ah, OK, I understand what you say...

So, for example, Banked Points 0.2 and Claimed Points 10 refer to any Small BOD in the quantity of 10...
    While Banked Points 42 and Claimed Points 210 refer to the Large (Magery) BODs Circle 1 and also Large (Magery) BODs Circle 1 & 2 for a quantity of 10.

Thank you very much for the help.
    popps said:

many players might be getting ready for that too
    you don't speak for other players

and YOU are the one who moans about your precious play time and how you get less drops than others

Who are your guild mates? cant they answer 90% of your issues? discord friends?

or is this the ONLY place you can talk to others?

Why is that I wonder?

The good of Forums discussions about a game as compared to asking to a buddy or Guild mate, is that the answer, clarification, discussion about a game issue can also be seen by fellow players of that game who "might" run into that same question about the game...

Sure, asking a buddy or guild mates more experienced about the game for that particular issue could very well solve the questioning for 1 player, but it would not help other players who "might" run into that same question over time...

Besides, this is what games' Forums are for, right ?
  • not for your endless debates, side questions, arguments and general boringness no, that is not what they are for. It is not a look at me platform that you use think it is

And sadly, for you, I bet over 90% can be answered ingame but I assume you have burnt them bridges a long time ago.................

Like I said before Pinco's is the answer to your problems and I am not mass debating that for you. Sure the peeps on discord would love me for recommending that to you......... I can filter you out in there :)