discrepancy in 26th anniversary token dates

Although I do see the notes that the token would be turned off on the 15th. This token was not available until the 21st of September. I have been away from the game for a few weeks. I did not see the patch notes but caught a guild member message on the 21st about them being available. I figured we at least would get 30 days to collect these items from release. So in part losing the 20 extra days, either at the beginning or the end has drastically effected my ability to take part in this event.

26th Anniversary Rewards [Phase 116.0]

• All veteran characters 30-days or older logging in between Friday, September 1, 2023 12:01:00 AM GMT-04:00 and Sunday, October 15, 2023 11:59:00 PM GMT-04:00 will receive a 26th anniversary gift bag

Comments

• SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    edited October 2023
    A few of us asked for a full 30 days and they felt we had plenty of time to collect them and because last year they turned them off on the 15th that makes for a status quo i guess even though we always had 30 day to collect is more of a status quo. I literally thought it was meant to be a joke 

Lord_Frodo said:
    Kyronix said:
    You can start claiming gifts on your respective shard when the publish arrives on those shards.

No, the end date will not be adjusted.  We default to September 1 so the gifts are available on TC1 regardless of when we publish.  
    So what is the date we can expect the publish to go live on our shard.  We have always had 30 days to collect these and now you are cutting that down to ??? number of days, WHY?
    Kyronix said:
    We are targeting 9/21 for WW release.

The allotted redemption period should be more than sufficient.  The Sept 1 - Oct 15th time period has been in place since the 24th anniversary.  The 23rd anniversary redemption period was 9/1-10/1.  Thank you for the feedback.

Is meant to be funny? Honestly?  I know some people have different since of humor so I ask. 

We have always had 30 days to collect anniversary and holiday gifts. 

So because on the 24th Ann it was from the 1st to the 15th and the 23rd Ann it was the 1st to the 30th you decided to make the 26th Ann from the 21st to the 15th cutting it short by almost a week. You decided 3 weeks is enough time all on your own ? I’m truly confused and curious by NOT letting us collect the gifts for 30 days does it impact something else in game that’s starting ? I’m just trying to understand how leaving the gifts active for 30 days would negatively impact anyone. 

I realize schedules change so keeping annual dates doesn’t always work but at least stay consistent in giving us the 30 day amount of time to collect them.

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I can gather up my pac tokens for you DC