Warning to whoever thinks to multibot the next Event

Dont say you didnt get warned. GMs never sleep.

Play fair, dont get locked up in stupid things!

Together we make the game Greater!

Comments

• Just like they watch over the rampant use of multibots on the other shards? **cough Atlantic**  :D
    #makeUOgreatAgain
  • Lets just wander down to Oni's after 7 PM CST and see those GMs dealing with the multi-bots...

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    edited October 2023
    Like flagging innocent players and telling any that complain not to contact anyone on staff.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    You must be new to the forums or UO!

Let's take a look at what happened during the last TOT They were all there from the beginning till the bitter end.

I've already heard indirectly from some of these botters... Good luck with that. They will be botting the HELL out of this event (and have even added way more accounts) just like they did Deceit without consequence and you know this.

I think these people in heartwood Atlantic missed the memo. If they aren't willing to ban or action these players, what makes you think it will be any different?

This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    username said:
    You must be new to the forums or UO!

Let's take a look at what happened during the last TOT They were all there from the beginning till the bitter end.

I've already heard indirectly from some of these botters... Good luck with that. They will be botting the HELL out of this event (and have even added way more accounts) just like they did Deceit without consequence and you know this.

I think these people in heartwood Atlantic missed the memo. If they aren't willing to ban or action these players, what makes you think it will be any different?

Are those bags full of the discarded Talismans. 

I got my collection of slayer Talismans from the players who dropped them on the ground when Heartwood came out.

Maybe you should grab some beetle slayers so you can do well enough in this event and stop being concerned about what others are doing and saying.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    I am sorry to say this but this event will be used by botters... Why? Because I reported same bot user many times, he is still in Fan Dancer Dojo AFK farming bokutos at least 10 hours a day.
    shootgun said:
    I am sorry to say this but this event will be used by botters... Why? Because I reported same bot user many times, he is still in Fan Dancer Dojo AFK farming bokutos at least 10 hours a day.
    Can't get the event drops in Dojo.
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    I believe they are saying in general, as I am, directed at the op that they are not doing anything about blatant botters currently. So the chance of them doing anything about botters here will be nil as well.

WOOOOOOOOOSH

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:
    I believe they are saying in general, as I am, directed at the op that they are not doing anything about blatant botters currently. So the chance of them doing anything about botters here will be nil as well.

WOOOOOOOOOSH
    They made so they cant double dip.  Progress?
     :D 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:

WOOOOOOOOOSH
    They made so they cant double dip.  Progress?
     :D 
    What is "double dip" if I may ask ?
    Can't get drops to buy the reward bokuto while they are getting bokutos in the dojo.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
     B) 
  • shootgunshootgun Posts: 288
    username said:
    Pawain said:
    shootgun said:

WOOOOOOOOOSH

Lol, that is exactly what I said. I run into a lot of AFK scripters. I keep seeing them again and again no matter how many times I report. I don't even bother to report anymore <span>:neutral:</span>
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Just asking, are you maybe forgetting the changes made to EJ accounts?

• twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    Mariah said:

and what about the bot squads of paid accounts?
    Mariah said:

Uh yea, sorry Mariah, but you're the only one that brought up EJs....?

• psychopsycho Posts: 292
    edited October 2023
    So it begins!

All serious BOTs runs without EJ.
    You can see them running in pattern already, 1-2 sometimes a 3rd or 4th joins in and decide to run excately the same route.

Its funny playing a game where GMs have to be contacted in order to take action, I mean you can just log on any shard you want and see it. Newsflash: BOTs dont only work 8-4pm american time.

I think alot of the bots will catch more mini-artis the first 24hours than many will during the whole event of 2months. 

Together we make the game greater!

elmo.gif 810.9K
  • CovenantXCovenantX Posts: 904
    edited October 2023
    Pawain said:
    Can't get drops to buy the reward bokuto while they are getting bokutos in the dojo.

The imbuable bok reward item is a waste of points tbh, considering it's going to get "imbued" losing 10/255 durability each time splintering weapon procs it won't last long... not only that, , you're better off using brittle splintering 20% that drop fairly often in the mines or even off Cora, but when the Devs & GMs of UO evidently allow unattended botting in the dojo & mines all day everyday pulling in clean/prized (and countless brittle ones, which generally have waaaaay more mods than the imbuable reward could get) 20-30% Splintering weapons of many types several times a week.

I guess if you're multi-boxing you should have enough points to waste half of them on the bok and still have plenty of extras to use/sell plenty of each of the other desirable rewards though... so there's that.

On a side note, I'm disappointed that the most OP/most complained about pvp-template, gets a weapon as a reward from this event.

Bots are basically pulling in the "Pile's worth" (from day one of Destard) of points in an hour or so, (300-450/hr)
    While the legit player using 1-3 accounts are pulling in about 30-45 drops/hr..

besides, the guys botting the dojo have several backup accounts already trained and suited up for new events anyway.. they can and do both at once.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659