Enhanced Client - Application does not retain maximized state on restart in Windowed mode

looploop Posts: 309
edited September 2023 in Bugs
When you're playing in Windowed mode, you can resize the application and maximize it as you would any other application. On restarting the application, the maximized state is not retained.

Using command "start /max UOSA.exe" also does not start the application maximized.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Go to the properties of the app and max it there.
  • looploop Posts: 309
    Still not retained with Maximized selected in the shortcut options.
  • The window dimensions are stored in the UserSettings.xml file.
    <?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
    <UserSettings>
    <Version Value="1.3" />
    <Graphics>
    <Mode window_frame="true" fullscreen="false" />
    <FullScreen width="3840" height="2160" />
    <Windowed width="3835" height="2042" />

Unfortunately, this settings file is shared between all accounts/players on the system.  (Last writer wins to UserSettings.xml - usually written at logout, if memory serves).
  • looploop Posts: 309
    Yes, you can change the window dimensions via the settings, but even if you match your Windows resolution settings, the window still won't start in the "maximized" state.

The "window_frame" and "fullscreen" booleans do not function intuitively. When both are false, the application will be fullscreen without a window frame. When both are true, the same occurs.

• On my system, if "window_frame" and "fullscreen" are false, and the window resolution matches the screen resolution, the game is in windowed mode, filling the entire resolution of the screen.  It's not in full screen mode.  So in my config, it behaves how I'd expect.

Big difference between windowed mode and full screen mode - ALT-TAB between windows is dog slow if the game is in full screen mode.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Always opens in a reduced size widow.  One click expands the window to full screen.  No big deal.
  • twizagtwizag Posts: 53
    Arnold7 said:
    Always opens in a reduced size widow.  One click expands the window to full screen.  No big deal.
    No matter what you do, you still look like this
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,311
    Mine is bigger,  You can resize the window by clicking-on the lower right hand corner and dragging.  Your screen resolution affects the size of the window.  Try the different options I think user settings allows.  But, to answer your question, the answer is yes except my window is a wider rectangle.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    twizag said:
    Arnold7 said:
    No matter what you do, you still look like this

There seems to be some confusion. This thread is about the enhanced client, that image is from the classic client.