Veteran rewards missing animation on/off context commands

ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
edited September 2023 in Bugs
The veteran reward "Writing desk" has a context menu option "Toggle on/off" (perhaps context command 360).

For a specific desk orientation:
When the desk is not active, it takes on typeID 40945.
When the desk is active, it's typeID 40946, and the animation is active.

It looks like many of the other veteran rewards have similar animations, but there is no context menu option for enabling them.

For instance, the repair bench, if it was activated, would transform from typeID 41599 to 41598, at which point it would activate the machinery animations.

I don't know if CC has these animations in engine/artwork packages, but EC definitely does.

Recommend checking all the vet rewards.

The beer key table (40794, 40788) also appears to have an animation that dispenses a beer, but that's not seen.

Comments

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    I don't play EC, but maybe they only animate when being used or something.
  • The repair bench doesn't animate when used.  Perhaps that was the intent, though.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I'm not sure where you're looking, but I have most of these animated vet rewards, and they are all busy.
    I normally play in EC, but I have just checked for context menus in CC.
    Sewing machine, yes. Tinker bench, yes. Fletching station, yes. Spinning Lathe, yes. Sculpture, yes.Kiln, yes.Alchemy station, yes. Writing desk, yes. Map charter, yes. BBQ smoker, yes. Smith press, yes.
    The only things that don't are the repair station and the autoloom, these both animate when you use them in CC. the animation on the repair bench isn't very noticeable and doesn't seem to be present in EC. Both these items are 5th year rewards, while the more animated work stations are 7th year.
  • Mariah said:
    Sewing machine, yes. Tinker bench, yes. Fletching station, yes. Spinning Lathe, yes. Sculpture, yes.Kiln, yes.Alchemy station, yes. Writing desk, yes. Map charter, yes. BBQ smoker, yes. Smith press, yes.

The only things that don't are the repair station and the autoloom, these both animate when you use them in CC. the animation  [...]  doesn't seem to be present in EC.
    Thanks for confirming those other rewards have the context menu.  I don't have access to those.

The repair station animation is present in the EC artwork, but it's not used.  I haven't checked the autoloom, could be the case there as well.  Likewise, the beer keg table (from horn of plenty), the animation is present in EC artwork, but I don't see it used.

It's probably a single root cause for why some of these other items don't animate on EC, and may not be related to the similar sounding issue here.

(you can get the TypeID of items in EC via Actions->Other->Get Type ID.  the ID can be used to lookup items via "SuperViewer").
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Both the autoloom and the ale table animate in EC - I have checked those. I'm not sure why you're not seeing them.

• I'm fine if the investigation is limited to the repair station.  The developers can likely ascertain fairly easily if that affects other items not discussed in this thread.

The issue in this thread is much easier to ascertain which items are affected.  Potentially a client re-invigorating type change lurking there.