Ultima Online too easy, plz make it harder

psychopsycho Posts: 292
edited September 2023 in General Discussions
Devs

Over the past decade Ultima Online has become too easy. Hunting mobs is no challenge with armor parts that is way too powerfull and filled with magic of epic propotions. Mobs actually hide when they see me and others. Everyone jumps around in their easymode with vast resources and gold and have barely a need to trade with others. Ultima Online has simply put, become too easy.

Can the devs please address the concern the players have regarding this issue?

Together we make the grame greater!
Thank you

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    Try hunting in Fel and call out your location in  Gen Chat. That will sometimes add a level of difficulty :)
  • A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Slasher and the Stygian dragon. Go get em solo 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Think it’s hard enough for most of us.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,254
    @psycho you are more than welcome to go to SP and play naked, I am sure SP will help you to make it harder.
  • Siege is the most boring shard, 95% of the player base has stealth and they are so afraid of losing their gear.
  • Siege is the most boring shard, 95% of the player base has stealth and they are so afraid of losing their gear.
    I wouldn't say boring but, there aren't enough people playing anymore to make it the shard it was meant to be. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• SDVSDV Posts: 4
    psycho said:
    Devs

Over the past decade Ultima Online has become too easy. Hunting mobs is no challenge with armor parts that is way too powerfull and filled with magic of epic propotions. Mobs actually hide when they see me and others. Everyone jumps around in their easymode with vast resources and gold and have barely a need to trade with others. Ultima Online has simply put, become too easy.

Can the devs please address the concern the players have regarding this issue?

Together we make the grame greater!
    Thank you

You can try to train Forensic Evaluation and Tastic Identification skill to 100
    of course. use manual execute.
    It's a new world
    It's a new life
    I come
    on my own way

• You could play at Mugen / Siege to find difficulty. 
  • Psycho, how are you getting on with Slasher. Solo’d yet ?
  • I feel like the OP means more mechanics, meaning you'll need actual strategy or to avoid certain telegraphed attacks that are punishing if they are not avoided.   -If that's the case, I agree 100%  

pvm is pretty stale when you think about it, attack, sit there and wait. most pvm content is like that.

Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • DragoDrago Posts: 294
    The game is 30 years old.... I think we're past the point of no return in regards to fundamental game mechanic adjustments....

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2023
    Have you tried Shadowguard with a naked character?

I overheard at the tavern the other day there is an untold, secret quest… after 1000 tries you are guaranteed a super Cameo with 6 slayers on one talisman. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Seth said:
    Have you tried Shadowguard with a naked character?

I overheard at the tavern the other day there is an untold, secret quest… after 1000 tries you are guaranteed a super Cameo with 6 slayers on one talisman. 
    Isn’t it supposed to have +90 in all resists too? 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,741
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • So make the game harder for yourself. There can still be plenty of challenge you choose to make it challenging. Do not use the best in class artifacts, skip making a sampire. Challenge yourself to use only GM made armor. There are a lot of ways to make the game more of a challenge.