While starting a character copy to TC i got "You cannot transfer the house with a herald in it."

This message is completly new for me. and supresses the ride to TC1

Well i had once a problem to set containers to guild secure and i got the feeling that this happens after such a transfer to TC.
If you start a transfer to TC you will be reborn with another id and if you are the house owner, you will no be the creator of that building anymore. Which is needed for guild security.

Is this true?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I have not come across that, and it seems more likely that message would be triggered by trying to transfer the house than trying to character copy. Very strange.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,106
    When you copy to TC the character on TC has a new ID.  I copy my characters that have a herald without trouble.  I just did a Copy and the ID on the originating shard does not change.

Your ID changes when you transfer to a new shard and return.  

So, This part is not true:
    If you start a transfer to TC you will be reborn with another id and if you are the house owner, you will no be the creator of that building anymore. Which is needed for guild security.

Is this true?

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited September 2023
    When you transfer to a new shard, your guild affiliation goes away, so when you return, someone has to put you back in.  

Copy to TC, does not change anything about your character on the originating shard.
  • TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 194
    edited September 2023
    Pawain said:
    When you copy to TC the character on TC has a new ID.  I copy my characters that have a herald without trouble.  I just did a Copy and the ID on the originating shard does not change.

Your ID changes when you transfer to a new shard and return.  

So, This part is not true:

Is this true?

Is your herald fixed placed in the house?
    I got the error message and cannot transfer and i had trouble with guild security in the past even the char hasn't left the shard in other way as a copy to TC. The char ist the guild leader and i had never transfered with him. As far as i remember in the last 11 years.

• CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    Is your char governor of moonglow or anything like that?
    Or try doing the copy from a public inn instead of your house.
  • TrismegistosTrismegistos Posts: 194
    edited September 2023

Char is guild leader
    Char is no governor
    Char has placed the house and also the herald (fix position at entrance and not following)

Other char can be copied to TC1 in the same house without problems.

Other char seems to have same number in chats after copied to TC1. So i assume there is no recreation.

Testing will follow:
    I will give another char a personal assistant (herold) and check what happens if he glues the herold to this house.
  • CovfefeCovfefe Posts: 239
    you can't copy your character if you dismiss the herald?
    edited September 2023
    Not home to test but I recall having to take down my Herold to copy that toon to TC.  I used my toon to test that had a Steward.  I get those 2 mixed up.

That was like 2 years ago. So it's not a new thing.
    The Herald is probably like a mount in the game code, since they can follow you around.

It's not guild issue.