Personal Bless Deeds

ThrakkarThrakkar Posts: 46
edited September 2023 in General Discussions
If you try to apply a PBD to an item, you get a warning message, which says "The blessed effects of the item WILL NOT work for any other character, including other characters on your account."

Now I happen to notice, that I can give a PBD to another char on the same account, bless an item and the item will then show "Blessed for <NewCharName>". When this character dies, the item will stay in the inventory, despite what the warning says. When I unbless the item, the PBD will now show the name of the new character.

Has this character constraint now been lifted and are PBDs now usable account-wide?
Or is this a bug?

I got at least 20 PBDs across several shards on my chars. So I could deck out a single char with PBDs for all his item slots and stop worrying about insurance, at least on that char :D

Comments

• I believe that message was correct when PBD's came out, but they updated them, and probably never changed the message... or perhaps the message was always wrong.  I never tested the PBDs on other chars within the same account until much much later.

The inflation in UO, insurance is a non-issue once you sell like, any item in the game that people use.
    Remove or change casting focus & poison immunity it reduces the need for "Player Skill" it's garbage. rant2 Bring timing back and eliminate chance in pvp!
    ICQ# 478 633 659
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    edited September 2023
    Yes gather them up on your home shard and start blessing things.  They work on all the toons on the account now.  Great when doing IDOCs in fel.  The pks get no gold if everything is blessed.

Put them in deed form when you travel.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Awesome, thanks both of you!