Has anyone sucessfully trained detect hidden on a pet?

I have heard a couple theories about this ranging from very difficult to execute, to grey area to likely prohibited, but have not really known of someone who has done it.
     Why I ask is this, I have a scrolled 110 trained pet. That is fairly common given the prices of 120 scrolls. I have noticed on the rare occasion where my pet has died, it has lost barding difficulty, .1 the last couple times. Now I have retrained back to 110 in all skills etc, but the barding difficulty has not returned to what it was.
    This leaves me with the conclusion that it is the stat loss of detect hidden that is causing that.
P.S. See Pawain, I did not leave, I just put the correct name with the appropriate email.

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Kragg said:
         I have heard a couple theories about this ranging from very difficult to execute, to grey area to likely prohibited, but have not really known of someone who has done it.
         Why I ask is this, I have a scrolled 110 trained pet. That is fairly common given the prices of 120 scrolls. I have noticed on the rare occasion where my pet has died, it has lost barding difficulty, .1 the last couple times. Now I have retrained back to 110 in all skills etc, but the barding difficulty has not returned to what it was.
        This leaves me with the conclusion that it is the stat loss of detect hidden that is causing that.
    P.S. See Pawain, I did not leave, I just put the correct name with the appropriate email.

The best solution is to remove pet stat loss...
  • KraggKragg Posts: 8
    I dont mind  that, however I do see far too many who treat their Lamborghini pets like Demolition Derby pets and not doing the proper maintenance. I would like the ability of a tamer to be able to do training of others pets without having to lose bond and transferring.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    edited August 2023
    I don't think detect can be trained on pets, and the skill doesn't seem to function.

Barding difficulty is rarely brought up on pets.  (Detect is mostly a "death counter").  It's probably most important when fighting monsters that use barding skills (satyrs, etc).  Having a pet with 160.0 barding can help here (harder to bard, bard effect is reduced).  That usually means avoiding the "cookie cutter" type 700 strength pet stat allocation...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    Yay Kragg!

Hmm I don't think barding difficulty ever goes down. It is dependant on where it began and the things you add to the pet.  And I don't think it has decimals. 

Some pets, like tigers, 2 slot reptalons, frost mites... will have 160 barding difficulty because they have so many points to use.

I think you meant the detect hidden skill.  It will not increase much if any.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KraggKragg Posts: 8
    Sure would not make sense to start a thread if it did not go down. Tt was over 140 and was down to 139.8 barding difficulty.  I had never seen before myself, who knows maybe it is a new bug. But it is happening
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    I went to try this on a random Triton on TC.

He insta died to a Para Balron and his went up!

I never noticed that stat had a decimal place and never look at it before and after death until now.
    So, I cant not answer the question.

How many deaths to make those 160 Barding Difficulty Cus on LS drop to less than 160?
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.