Alchemy BODs : Nexus Core. Only 110, 125, 150 points ??

poppspopps Posts: 3,957
edited August 2023 in General Discussions

According to https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/alchemy/alchemy-bulk-orders/

Nexus Core small Bulk Order Deeds only yield 110, 125 and 150 points.

Yet, besides the very high skill requirement of 90,0 and that even at 100,0 GM skill there is only a 33.4% success rate to make, of the materials needed to make 1 single Nexus Core (https://www.uoguide.com/Nexus_Core), Dark Sapphires on Atlantic cost on VS 100,000 gps (5 needed) and Crushed Glass about 20,000 gps (5 needed) making the cost to make 1 Nexus Core about 600,000 gps.

A 20 Nexus Core count small BOD, can cost about 12,000,000 gps (yes, 12 millions gps...) to fill in and yet, only yields 150 points ?

@Kyronix , doesn't something here look very wrong ?

Even the highest Alchemy BOD reward at 450 points, the Verite Cauldron of Transmutation, is not worth 12 millions gps....

Either the Nexus Core small BODs should give a whole lot more points (thousands of points to reflect their actual gps value to be filled in...), or take them out from the available BODs to be given because as they are, I seriously doubt that any player fills them out, they get discarded to the ground.....

Comments

• oh right, now you are back on form,  where you been of the last month or so?

Once again, why post here?  EMAIL HIM AND SAVE US ALL FROM YOUR DRAMA???????????
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    edited August 2023
    oh right, now you are back on form,  where you been of the last month or so?

Once again, why post here?  EMAIL HIM AND SAVE US ALL FROM YOUR DRAMA???????????
    May I ask a question ?

Do you think that Nexus Core Alchemy small BODs, as they are, make " any " sense whatsoever ?
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 914
    edited August 2023
    I don't care, I don't want to read about it, if YOU have found another bug, problem, then I am not the person to tell am I, EMAIL THE DEV TEAM
  • @Mariah. we have duplicate thread created do we need both running?
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    I don't care, I don't want to read about it...
    That does not seem to be the case. Please stop reading posts that trigger such "dramatic" responses.
  • this is just another troll attempt

this person post there INSTEAD of emailing the dev team with issues

they NEVER reply yet he just carries on posting endless nonsense

then of course he will ignore opinions that do not match his, then debate to death any topic as if he has any authority on the matter.

No resolution, no dev time spent addressing this world ending issue

So why doesn't he email them?

Because he doesn't get stage time does he? NO

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    There is a really simple answer to this dilemma, most discerning crafters worked it out years ago. If you don't like the reward for a particular bod, DON'T FILL IT!
    problem solved.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,957
    edited August 2023
    There is a really simple answer to this dilemma, most discerning crafters worked it out years ago. If you don't like the reward for a particular bod, DON'T FILL IT!
    problem solved.
    Indeed.... but then, why is there an item existing in the game which hardly any player uses ?

When claiming a BOD, if there are BODs existing which are not worth the trouble, and the player gets them, they basically have lost a BOD....

What I have a hard time understanding, is why they were made to exist in the first place as they are, which players basically throw away.... the gold dust ones are also BODs which hardly any player fills, to my understanding....
  • ask the Devs
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    Because
    When the devs made the newer bod system, they picked out items that made sense to put together as a large bod, and then set EVERYTHING that existed on the crafting menu at the time as a possible small bod, they didn't go through the list individually picking out items from every craft and decide whether to make it a bod or not. The nexus core, as an item, exists because it can be crafted for an Exodus key.

@JackFlashUk I sympathise, do you know a handy wall I can bang my head against?
  • its not over yet...........
  • MargeMarge Posts: 722
    problem solved.

As she said, problem solved. Close post please.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,122
    popps said:
    problem solved.
    Indeed.... but then, why is there an item existing in the game which hardly any player uses ?

When claiming a BOD, if there are BODs existing which are not worth the trouble, and the player gets them, they basically have lost a BOD....

What I have a hard time understanding, is why they were made to exist in the first place as they are, which players basically throw away.... the gold dust ones are also BODs which hardly any player fills, to my understanding....
    This is a repeat from a long time ago. There are plenty of good BODs.  If you do not want to make those, drop them on the ground. Sweet Cocoa butter also.  

Wait till you see the carpentry ones for weapons.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,994Moderator
    sorry @Pawain you're mistaken. Sweet cocoa butter is part of a large bod: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/cooking/cooking-bulk-orders/

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,122
    edited August 2023
    Mariah said:
    sorry @ Pawain you're mistaken. Sweet cocoa butter is part of a large bod: https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/skills/cooking/cooking-bulk-orders/

Ok I know I drop one of those cooking BODs you get with low skill.  Can't recall the name.

Cooking is probably the best of the skills. I used to not do the magical group.  But the spawns in ilsh got me lots of tribal berries.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,319
    Lots of goofy stuff in this game left over from previous versions and events.  Lots of stuff that does not make a lot of sense.  That’s just UO.  Recommend following Pawain’s advice, drop the deeds that don’t provide a good rate of return and do the ones that do.  That kind of decision making is also built into the game.