Content Proposal: Restore and Expand Digging

Some may remember some years back we had this thing where you could dig and sift in sand in Central Ilshenar to find fragments which could be assembled into Juka or Meer artifacts which could be collected or turned in for Juka or Meer loyalty points.

I propose to revive this system and expand it to other areas, with adding new items to assemble fragments into that are appropriate to the facet the digging takes place in. There are many good models for appropriate reward systems, ranging from simple quest turn-ins. My current favorite is to have NPCs from various libraries and museums seeking specific artifacts, then we players can trade what artifacts we get amongst ourselves if we feel like it, or just keep digging, with the rewards working like the Ter Mur museum rewards.

Comments

• dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    This sounds like a fun activity.  I missed this event or whatever but I do like there being reasons for people to continue to explore the vast world of UO. 
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I'd be interested in this idea
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    If the NPC is gone, I wonder how much I can sell my sand suffers for.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Pawain said:
    If the NPC is gone, I wonder how much I can sell my sand suffers for.
    about Tree Fiddy.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Yeah, because that won't turn into a 23/7 scriptfest.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Yeah, because that won't turn into a 23/7 scriptfest.

Literally any content can be scripted. Say, for example, if they made the Grizzled Mare into a 5 slot mount, a lot of folks would script Bedlam and the Grizzle.