IDOCs are dumb anyways... Devs if you're listening, read this.

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited July 2023 in General Discussions
Has always been a really poor idea for people to profit off of people quitting. Not to mention the massive amount of cheating that revolves around it and has for the last 25 years. While you're looking at IDOCs, let's make the following changes:

Plot:
  1. Raffle it off: system already exists, Magincia/Mesanna has done it for many Luna plots. Click a stone, get one entry per acct.
  2. Auction it off: highest bidder wins. System kinda already exists, auction safe, may need some tweaks. Potentially takes TONS of gold out of the game. Win/win.

Contents:
  1. Auction it off: system already exists like the bank vaults. Takes gold out of the game.
  2. Delete it all
  3. Throw it in a secure container players need to pay to access, could even charge the cost of a subscription per month inactive? Similar to house moving crate, system already kinda exists. Retain returning players and get paid to do so? Win/win.
How hard is this anyways? 

In before triggered career idocers LOL.
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,310
    Idocs like 120 scrolls only obtained in Fel are part of UO’s culture.  They will always be with us.  Rules can change and maybe should.  Idoc changes made awhile ago did improve them.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,406
    I was going to say just delete them all no warnings no timers no signs just gone and if someone finds the empty spot days later then they can place.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    Skett said:
    I was going to say just delete them all no warnings no timers no signs just gone and if someone finds the empty spot days later then they can place.
    Like it.

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    Why do you hate a playstyle?  Should we also eliminate EM events, some just do that.  Should we eliminate deco, some just do that.  Etc.

Mind your own business.

Perfect example of why the devs should not listen to posters ideas.

Before the barrels, one player vacummed up everything. At least now a regular player has a chance at an item or two.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    edited July 2023
    It's not a play style. 

Once again, resident troll tries to troll the thread to get it locked. 

Take your own advice and mind your own business. Don't post in my threads. Got it?

username said:
    It's not a play style. 

Once again, resident troll tries to troll the thread to get it locked. 

Take your own advice and mind your own business. Don't post in my threads. Got it?
    I'll post where I want. Want privacy? Go to a non public forum.  IDOCS  have been a playstyle since the first one.  Sorry you did not know that.  Consider yourself not ignorant of that playstle now.
    Your welcome.
  • Heres a hot take for you. Professional IDOCers are rodents. I think they should put items from fallen houses on 6 hour lifespan timers like keys. This way those players can experience value and then watch it expire in their backpacks. 

The plots should be raffled 1 ticket per paid account, and should have a time requirement of being more than 2 months old. ( I would personally prefer 12 months of subscription ) 

Problem solved. You are welcome ultima online.
    More bad ideas from forum posters.
    edited July 2023
    Heres a hot take for you. Professional IDOCers are rodents. I think they should put items from fallen houses on 6 hour lifespan timers like keys. This way those players can experience value and then watch it expire in their backpacks. 

The plots should be raffled 1 ticket per paid account, and should have a time requirement of being more than 2 months old. ( I would personally prefer 12 months of subscription ) 

Problem solved. You are welcome ultima online.
    Great ideas! I hope the Devs are paying attention, this is a REALLY popular idea among players, the whole raffle system for plots. No more exploits for the few to allow house placement. Give everyone a fair chance.

Fixing the exploits would be a much better idea....
    edited July 2023
    Pawain said:
    Fixing the exploits would be a much better idea....
    A raffle system will fix all exploits and prevent future ones. Horses, chopping boxes, nodraw tiles, etc. raffle system fixes it all! Glad we agree.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,352
    I would guess a raffle system would last less than a week before the complaints started. IDOC placers have multiple accounts. How long before someone objects to them having something along the lines of twelve chances to win to your one?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    I would guess a raffle system would last less than a week before the complaints started. IDOC placers have multiple accounts. How long before someone objects to them having something along the lines of twelve chances to win to your one?
    12 out of 50 better than them getting every one but how would it even work only the people at the idoc are get a chance or trade minister announcing for everyone 
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    @Petra_Fyde that is 1/2 true  BUT
    right now , scripters get 100% of all plots, no matter if you have 100 people trying to plot, they will get.  a Raffle system will help, even if they have 50 paid accs and 50 other people are trying to place, there is a 50% chance a normal person will get, anything is better than what we have now.

you noticed that everyone is on the same page and asking for a raffle system, other than 1 person here?

please consider a raffle system.

and to make evn better as paiwan said this is atl problem,   make a raffle system, if no one show interest on the plot, after 2 hours area open to anyone to plot.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,170
    edited July 2023
    I don't see a raffle happening or many changes to IDOCs that would piss off the handful of well known house scripters because that might cause them to close their accounts. I'd guess they account for 25-50% of the paid subscriptions at this point and Mesanna doesn't want to lose them. She isn't too worried about losing 2-3 accounts here and there from lack of communication & bug fixes (for now) but losing 100+ accounts all at once is something that might get her in trouble.

She's looking to ride this thing out as long as possible so she's not going to do something to get the game shut down prematurely before she and Misk have collected their nest egg.
    well, as always, they tried their best and failed @Mesanna
    Tram castle went down and guess what, SAME scripter got.

they know exactly when the area is open for placement.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    "i don't do idocs,

have they now addressed the mounting ethereal trigger?
    have they now addressed the recall trigger?

there have been no publish notes on such
    "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    whatever they did, they helped the scripters. a normal player now have to wait 30-40-50 secs to be able to click on the tool

scripter leave the ghost house up, they know exactly when the area will be opened, bc they use the 3rd part Rian* client, they can read the packet and know by the millisecond when the area is open to than placed the already chose house ghost size and beat anyone.

please , please, please, please  make a raffle system or be done with these stupid changes that only help them

edited July 2023
    "maybe they should not let people play on 3rd party client in trammel
    since there is no legitimate need for it in trammel, only for malicious purposes"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    edited July 2023
    I think it's funny how many players actually know exactly what these "scripters" are doing. I myself have never heard of this ghost housing thing, or ethy mount tactic, but posters here seem to know every little detail. Maybe it's because when I place a house it's for my own use-it's always a plot that's been empty for months/yrs, and IDOCs have always made me cringe.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    "might be because we have friends
    sometimes bump into people on land"
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 911
    many. many years ago on Europa I love idocs, then rafman and idoc guy just destroyed them, and the nonsense changes instead of dealing with the cheating.

It WAS a play style, having a stealth ninja healer with complete evasion and healing skills to survive in Reds in fel, placing loot houses to drop off loot. 

Running away for 2.0, then befriending some of them so they would protect me while I looted, then share the loot out.

Back then the same old faces would show, we would share locations and times within out close group, about 5 players who became friends and shared the hours searching for idocs

They were great times

times when ethics sold for 6m, and 18x28 plots sold for 6m. times were great

selling my first castle for 550m!

I used to supply several shops in europa with goods to sell

I Loved the 3D client 

Then it was all ruined by scripting and RMP cheating and gross negligence from the Dev team

Even now, no management of 3rd party scripts. Just punish everyone which is just pathetic at best. And the scripters overcome and benefit

Sadly now, I dont even do idocs anymore, not done them for years

Then the loud mouth gobbing off in general chat Alt made searching a waste of time

then the trade ministers giving away locations

My idoc chars have now retrained for other deployments

A play style ruined

edited July 2023

Running away for 2.0, then befriending some of them so they would protect me while I looted, then share the loot out.

"I was the founder and GM of that guild"

• Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 270
    JackFlashUk said:

(Slightly Changed To Fit My Experience - Acid Rain)

many. many years ago on Atlantic I loved idocs, then rafman and idoc guy just destroyed them, and the nonsense changes instead of dealing with the cheating.

It WAS a play style, having a stealth ninja healer with complete evasion and healing skills to survive the Reds in fel, placing loot houses to drop off loot. 

Back then the same old faces would show. They were great times.

Then it was all ruined by scripting and RMT cheating and gross negligence from the Dev team

Even now, no management of 3rd party scripts.

Sadly now, I dont even do idocs anymore, not done them for years.

My idoc chars have now retrained for other deployments.

A play style ruined.

@JackFlashUk You said it almost exactly as I would. Was easier/faster to quote u with minor adjustments then type it myself. Please don’t get offended/upset that I stole ur post, it was damn near spot on for me. <3

5 Years Later and Nothing....
    https://forum.uo.com/discussion/1403/revisited-3rd-party-programs-list
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 911
    Yoshi said:

"I was the founder and GM of that guild"

Sent u a pm 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    IMHO  IDOCs should be done away with and all items/rewards/whatever the player owns should all be packed away so when they return they can retrieve their items at a storage fee cost.  Let all houses after the 90 day time period go OSI owned and randomly (1,2,3 or 10 days) go poof so all that is left is a vacant lot
    edited July 2023
    Removed 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
     :D 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    An unproven and unfounded allegation has been removed, along with the response it elicited.