Cannot mount pets in most dungeons?

usernameusername Posts: 710
edited July 2023 in General Discussions
Uh, what's up with that?
This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Moved the other thread to bugs.
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    I think they are finally addressing the ethereal mount bug at Idocs
  • KingKing Posts: 34
    but who knows, Fix 1 thing and break 10 others
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    King said:
    Can't place houses in dungeons

Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,115
    username said:
    King said:
    But the house placing scripters were somehow using the mounting routine in their house placing script.  And they took the advice of some posters here to get rid of that.  But it extended beyond the needed parameters.

Another example of why the devs need to stop listening to posters with their own agendas.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,407
    This is how it seems sometimes to me as well ^^^
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited July 2023
    Pawain said:
    username said:
    King said:
    But the house placing scripters were somehow using the mounting routine in their house placing script.  And they took the advice of some posters here to get rid of that.  But it extended beyond the needed parameters.

Another example of why the devs need to stop listening to posters with their own agendas.
    Sounds like a good idea if they're fixing broken IDOC stuff... still not sure why dungeons got nuked.

This is definitely more of a poor-implementation/not testing on Broadsword's behalf.

• Mordin_RockbiterMordin_Rockbiter Posts: 69
    edited July 2023
    It's not only that, you lose connection and you lose your pet. Relogging does not bring it back. it is stabled.  Try taming in the Twisted Weald
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
     “    o:)   “
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023
    “ so @Kragg when you lost connection, did you log back in dead? If not, how come? As twisted Weald has monsters all over the place

and also, was it less than 5 mins time before you reconnected?

reason I ask is, when my tamer loses connection i always log back in dead because my pet goes straight to stables and feel it would be beneficial for it to remain guarding me during such an event”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • The disconnect actually occurred at a community hunt at Grizzle. 
    I mount issue was more in the weald. Normally relogging breing it back. I was actually surprised it was missing when I regained connection. 
    edited July 2023
    " okay, so original question, how long were you disconnected for? and did you log back in dead?
    if not, how did you remain alive, again lots of mobs i think in Grizzle dungeon"
    Yoshi said:
    " okay, so original question, how long were you disconnected for? and did you log back in dead?
    if not, how did you remain alive, again lots of mobs i think in Grizzle dungeon"
    He disconnects often. But from what I hear. They removed that bug that caused his issue.

Grizzle is the peerless in that area. One mob.
    “He plays a tamer and disconnects often?
    how he stays alive each time?
    if I lose connection on my tamer if i am alone i will die cos my pet goes to stable as soon as con loss and whatever mob it was attacking kills me”
    edited July 2023
    Yoshi said:
    “He plays a tamer and disconnects often?
    how he stays alive each time?
    if I lose connection on my tamer if i am alone i will die cos my pet goes to stable as soon as con loss and whatever mob it was attacking kills me”
    Because we play on a shard where we help each other. We can heal and invis him until he returns to us.

In this specific encounter, if he were in the acid when he crashed, he would have died.

And they reverted pets back to intended operation. I'm sure you'll be glad to see that.
    “Ah okay he gotta make sure he go around with you all day, couldn’t think of anything worse,
    my condolences to him"
    edited July 2023
    Issue that caused post to be made Resolved. @Mariah

Thanks Devs!
  •      I was not disconnected long. We had a group of 7 or 8. I was running a peace bard buff. Usually you are pretty safe since pet is attacking along with everyone else and you stay back out of any AOE. I do recall trying to pull pet back to me, it was taking more damage than would like.
         For some reason I kept discording pet even though thought was targeting Grizzle, double checked to make sure I did not have discord targeting stored on pet, did a little retraining earlier in day after night in Blackthorn the night before.
         I don't disconnect like I used to, I was using a shaky free wifi back then.
         Sometimes UO just crashes, it may be the rotation  of commands and macros. The lots of mobs you're thinking of is the bedlam part. Luckily, as a peacer, I can pretty much walk out.