fel champion spawns

warrawarra Posts: 22
edited July 2023 in General Discussions
yes i understand if you want to RNG for 120 scrolls you gotta take the risk and go to fel dungeons-- thing is though it should evaluate who did what and credit them the scrolls for the final act, not some seedy pondscum pk to take all.

Getting killed there by a pk is a nobrainer but losing all your hard work is just dumb and a flawed business model that has probably paved the way for many account exits.

Most of us dont pvp and couldnt care less if they disapeared from uo.

make it fair to the honest hard workers, else youre just a bunch of knuckleheads catering to the sleaze side of things, as devs.

Comments

• warrawarra Posts: 22
    edited July 2023
    yes, you can argue its always been a part of the game and tough-titties and such, but you could also argue that some scrolls are worth more than the most expensive custom house, and some end up on grey sites for sale too (read: at your expense), so yeah logic ensues there.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2023
    “I think it’s one and only item in the game that pvp skill will give you advantage, and you want take that away.
    if you don’t like being raided and
    if you’re good at PvM and enjoy that

can either join a guild who will protect you at champ 

or do PvM in trammel EG roof, and sell those items (cameo) to trade for 120 scrolls

But you know, you already still do receive chance of getting lieutenant sash etc if you have worked spawn (depending on champ), 

and you get pink scrolls for working the spawn, often they are worth more than the powerscrolls, especially taming and bushido 
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023
    “Also, 
    Bloodless if you’re soloing despise champ
    its really asking for trouble 

it’s easiest to raid as its so easy for the PK to kill the boss

I suggest heading over to terra sanctum and doing that spawn
    as not covered by many scouts so less chance of detection

or if you do khal ankhur in khaldun or dragon turtle champ, even less people scout those and very hard bosses so a lone PK would not be able to deal”

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited July 2023
    Cherry pick much?! What no word of the third party sites that benefit from this charade?! Why people leave because of this flawed mechanic?! Idc who you are, but if i put an hours effort into something, yes you will also lose that prized loot you compensate for from a pk too, and get nothing. Pokies have better odds than that!

The crux of my point has been sadly missed.. that is dont reward effort, the scrolls are worth more than housing highest teirs, and third party gold sites have scrolls to sell for real cash, go figure. Hmm so get pked and lose everything , join a guild (also deal with guild drama) and maybe win, or just buy the scrolls from a uo gold farm. Cool.. pvpers leave in disgust or pvm players.. where do you think the account numbers stack there hmmmm?

At least if treasure chests gave 120 scrolls we'd have a chance as PVMers. I ping 300ms to the pop shard, i cant compete with PVPers based on latency.
    edited July 2023
    “I don’t read anything about third party website

third party website sells all items in game in bulk
    its doubtful they are raiding your champs, as that would require attended play”
    “You will find also, if you work a champ with a pvp guild, it will take a lot less time than an hour soloing it”
    edited July 2023
    “I’m not sure the working of third party sites, i don’t know if they have a stock of items or if they purchase them from vendors on the fly with gold and so adjust their prices accordingly

if the latter is the case then the price of item won’t make a difference to their profit margin.
    I’m not sure so can’t really comment.

when I say to trade for scrolls, i meant in game, sell cameo or something and buy from vendors in game

if you’re really against the intended game mechanics of guilds and group (online) play, and risk vs reward

if you got 120s in chests, that would leave nothing left for pvpers at all, there are many valuable trammel items in the game, they only have this one thing”
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    Ps are and always have been a carrot to bring sheep to fel why do stone cold killers delight in killing the helpless 
    edited July 2023
    nothing worse than being there as a tamer trying to get scrolls for your stable, with no fighting skills because youre heavily invested in your tamer aspect, and a ping of 300ms XD I could care less if PKs disappeared i have no respect for them based on times when your ghost is being held captive with energy fields lol. whoever contrived this shitfest should get malignant cancer as a reward.
    “Scrolls for pet? 
    What are you actually using the pet for?
    because it’s doubtful that 120 resist etc on a pet is going to be much of an improvement to 115
    edited July 2023
    Oh you can definitely tell the difference with 120 scrolls on some bosses like navrey etc

Also look at GC and the cancer that PVPers are in there. I have never taken up PVP (in UO), if i did t would be in a FPS where things were stacked more even and fair. ;-)
    “I don’t login to GC so can’t comment on that

Okay, when you say difference
    You talking it would take less time to kill navrey with all 120 pet over all 115?
    bearing in mind on pet if you have 115 you get a little more room to put things on other stat,

how much time are we talking? I would guess a 120 would kill it maybe 10 seconds faster over a 115, probably not worth the one hour you spending soloing champ”
    edited July 2023
    No i am saying that the pets skills are more enhanced with 120. depends on the pets though but CUs are beasts with 120 scrolls.. thats why there a lot of them at 120, otherwise whats the point right?! I use what the ones that do thorough pet parses recommend. Hence why giant beetles are fine with all 110s too. And if all we had were giant beetles, then the PKs would be bored shitless in GC. ;-)
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,308
    Have nothing against players that like PvP but have to agree with Warra as far as the scrolls go on this one.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Yoshi said:
    “Scrolls for pet? 
    What are you actually using the pet for?
    because it’s doubtful that 120 resist etc on a pet is going to be much of an improvement to 115
    You know NOTHING about pets and tamers so please shut your mouth.
    “Well I personally do have all 120s on all my pets, but I don’t have problem getting scrolls
    if other people got all 120 for their pets I think it’s mostly vanity”
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 243
    warra said:
    Oh you can definitely tell the difference with 120 scrolls on some bosses like navrey etc

Also look at GC and the cancer that PVPers are in there. I have never taken up PVP (in UO), if i did t would be in a FPS where things were stacked more even and fair. ;-)

You are not a good person it brings me pleasure to know that you are losing your champion spawns and enjoy your FPS games with your 300 ping.
    edited July 2023
    sounds like a random uo gold farm owner is angry via deflecting ^^^ idk you so w/e

I play CSGO on local servers? That is, single digit ping. And i haven't done a champ spawn for over three months now...
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    If op is not attempting to currently do them I see no point in this thread other than another tram vs fel fiasco. 

I've only been raided twice in the past three years on Atlantic. 
    edited July 2023
    yeah ok lol. Let me guess, you have only logged on ATL 'twice in the past three years'

Point of this thread is that gold farms are benefiting from an unfair game mechanic.......
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,027
    warra said:
    yeah ok lol. Let me guess, you have only logged on ATL 'twice in the past three years'

Point of this thread is that gold farms are benefiting from an unfair game mechanic.......
    Gold farmers would be scripting thier own spawn on deserted shards not raiding yours
    i doubt it, that's what other players do too.

ive never cheated so dont know how these scripts go, but it must be a heck of a bot if it can do champ spawns though...
    edited July 2023
    @warra
    I don’t really understand what you’re saying

what is it exactly you think is going on
    what is it you think these ‘gold farms’ are doing? And what does it have to do with champ spawns?

(if your samp is called ‘Bloodless’ or something like that on Atl, I raided you twice at despise for my own personal profit, and have no affiliation with RMTs)”
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    Yoshi said:
    “ @ warra
    I don’t really understand what you’re saying

what is it exactly you think is going on
    what is it you think these ‘gold farms’ are doing? And what does it have to do with champ spawns?

They're taking all of his scrolls even though he isn't even trying to spawn, don't you realize that?! 

It's just another i want scrolls in tram cause i can't solo it in fel threads. #boring
    edited July 2023
    uhm, my sampire is the name im using here.. never had an issue with you Yoshi.. in game or chat, as for Barry/Clyde/Baba thats another point, and they seem to delight in ruffling everyones feathers, but i digress. And the only chick (that isnt using pronouns) i had a brush with was some skank on stratics tamers subforum, so not sure who atomic is neither.
    “Okay, I never seen your name at a champ
    and our spawn bot keeps a log of names too”
    edited July 2023
    erm, a few months ago me and saul were targeted by a russian pk at champ spawns, it was a big flare up in GC so not sure what you're on about there with that quote. i left the game for a month plus and played something else instead, either way i may go back to FFXIV but the level grind is tedious though end game raids are nice i been told, heh.

I love this game, save for the PKs and the mechanics in favour of them in this context, but there are options and more logical ones where there is no toxic GC to listen to with like here. So yeah, if the PVPers would go away it would be nice to stay put, and i can guarantee you they wouldnt be missed, heh <3
    edited July 2023
    “That is not a very nice thing to say about some valuable members of the community

pvpers most knowledgeable about all game mechanics, even more knowledgable about PvM than strict hardcore PvMers”
    edited July 2023
    And im starting to understand why we have never chatted before.. apart from insinuating i am someone else, i dont hold PVPers in the highest regard like you do it appears. All they do is horde champs, idocs, and such and bitch and incoherently whine in GC.

Right now they bitching in GC about putting accounts on the line, excessive numbers, scripting etc. Being a tamer is a simple life, it seems....
    edited July 2023
    "not only Horde champs,
    a lot of time PvPers busy having big fights around Yew,
    V often we receive notification to say champ is being worked
    but will just ignore it as we are busy having big fights.

But even if they do, that is like saying to trammel person all they do is horde roof, it's what they do, champs is only thing in fel worth doing.

If they let everyone do them all the time, then powerscroll will be worthless and not worth raiding even

they should make powerscroll shard bound is what they should do"
This discussion has been closed.