Demand an update on NL - Contact EA Executive Director Andrew P Wilson!

I think we should start emailing the ED of EA to ask what the fuck is going on with New Legacy. It's been too long without any update at all from dev team @Mesanna @Kyronix @Bleak

Email Andrew Wilson and force the team to give us an update ... awilson@ea.com

Thank You!

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    Maybe you should email Rob Denton first as he is the head guy at BS and is Mesanna's boss.
  • KarynKaryn Posts: 55
    Look, I want better communication from the Dev team and some accountability to timeline and scope, but pulling a "Karen" and asking to speak to the manager? What exactly do you think that's going to accomplish? 

Yes, I get the irony of me of all people going "OMG KAREN"
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    Why do you think this person at EA has ED?  @SaulGoodman1
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
    :D
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Karyn said:
    Look, I want better communication from the Dev team and some accountability to timeline and scope, but pulling a "Karen" and asking to speak to the manager? What exactly do you think that's going to accomplish? 

Yes, I get the irony of me of all people going "OMG KAREN"
    I don't think Emailing the boss of EA after patiently waiting, asking, waiting, asking for two years with no response is being a "karen" Karyn.
    Pawain said:
    Why do you think this person at EA has ED?  @ SaulGoodman1

He is the Executive Director of Electronic Arts.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,110
    Pawain said:

And you think he has heard of UO?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,405
     :D 
    Pawain said:
    Pawain said:

And you think he has heard of UO?

Yes, he definitely has, I have emailed him before and had responses.
  • Just trying to be rational here, no result at all or some negative result are far more likely than any positive result.
    Just trying to be rational here, no result at all or some negative result are far more likely than any positive result.

That's the spirit that made America what it is!
  • Just trying to be rational here, no result at all or some negative result are far more likely than any positive result.

That's the spirit that made America what it is!

Rationality? Yep! Glad you recognize the hyper-rational nature of the Founders. A lot of my fellow United States citizens don't, and think they acted from religious fervor, nationalism, or similar emotions.
    MUOGA

• JohnKnighthawkeJohnKnighthawke Posts: 408
    edited July 2023
    MUOGA

For anyone who is curious, this appears to be an attempt to render in English the Swahili word for "coward."

What relevance he thinks this has, to anything, I cannot guess and have no wish to know.
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    edited July 2023
    Just to think... it was originally announced for the 20th anniversary and has been being worked on full time essentially for the last 3+ years with nothing to show for it. This year last time people were frustrated that they've not heard much but expected it for the big 25th anniversary announcement. Now we're close to the 26th and still absolutely nothing, LOL.

If the devs did client updates and some NEW content, things we've gotten small tastes of, like thorn->eggs, CC suit equip macros, client resolution adjustment, disable gargoyle flying, etc. expand on stuff like that for 3-5 years the game would be a million percent better off. I seriously think that the devs are just milking this for a few years until they retire.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • username said:
    Just to think... it was originally announced for the 20th anniversary and has been being worked on full time essentially for the last 3+ years with nothing to show for it. This year last time people were frustrated that they've not heard much but expected it for the big 25th anniversary announcement. Now we're close to the 26th and still absolutely nothing, LOL.

If the devs did client updates and some NEW content, things we've gotten small tastes of, like thorn->eggs, CC suit equip macros, client resolution adjustment, disable gargoyle flying, etc. expand on stuff like that for 3-5 years the game would be a million percent better off. I seriously think that the devs are just milking this for a few years until they retire.

I'd like to think that they've realized the whole new shard thing was a bad idea and are trying to figure out how to back their way out of it. Instead they're going to take the work and integrate it into the shards they already have. (WHAT A CONCEPT!!!)

But that's unlikely to be the case.
    I found the beta test site for New legacy, took a screenshot;

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    MUOGA

For anyone who is curious, this appears to be an attempt to render in English the Swahili word for "coward."

What relevance he thinks this has, to anything, I cannot guess and have no wish to know.

Make UO Great Again (MUOGA)

It's a take on Trump's MAGA 
  • Urge said:
    MUOGA

Well, that's a new one. Then again, so was using Swahili, a language I haven't heard anyone try to speak since the 70s.

Thank you.

Neither is terribly relevant, though, I suppose. Seeing as how a new shard with a customized rule set is kind of the last thing that UO needs.
    Urge said:
    MUOGA

Well, that's a new one. Then again, so was using Swahili, a language I haven't heard anyone try to speak since the 70s.

Thank you.

Neither is terribly relevant, though, I suppose. Seeing as how a new shard with a customized rule set is kind of the last thing that UO needs.
    He was being racist, my totem pole got seriously offended, well just the bottom two levels. RACIST!

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Thank you for your feedback
This discussion has been closed.