Will there evere be a shard merge?

I have heard rumors of one @Kyronix @Mesanna @Bleak

Stop closing threads you fascist pigs ty

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,107
    SaulGoodman1 said:.

i prefer silence to lies, ty

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,253
    IBTL  LOL
  • usernameusername Posts: 710
    I know this is a meme/troll thread but in reality UO should be 3-5 servers. One Euro, One N/A, one Asian, and maybe an Oceanic. There's not a population to support the other servers and they've just become unpoliced bot farms.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Pawain said:
    SaulGoodman1 said:.

i prefer silence to lies, ty

Stfu, ty
    username said:
    I know this is a meme/troll thread but in reality UO should be 3-5 servers. One Euro, One N/A, one Asian, and maybe an Oceanic. There's not a population to support the other servers and they've just become unpoliced bot farms.

Indeed
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    Can you even imagine the drama of who gets to keep their houses and who has to start over again with a shard merge? Plots occupying the same spots would be a nightmare to sort out. 
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 910
    IT WILL BIT HAPPEN. STOP TROLLING 
    Stop reopening closed threads. This is also against the rules as you well know 
    Stop reopening closed threads. This is also against the rules as you well know 

This is a new subject and i feel offended by your accusation, please stop this man hurting my feelings ty
    There will not be a shard merge.  You know this full well  
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,799
    The only way a shard merge can happen and not destroy player houses is to create five new facets for each shard merged. You would have Atl Tram, Pac Tram, LS Tram, Atl Fel, Pac Fel, LS Fel, etc on the same shard.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    edited June 2023
    username said:
    I do not see any other possible way to make this possible other then transferring all of the storage from Housing to Bank boxes....

The problem of Merging Shards is, obviously, the severe reduction to players' Storage which all of the existing Houses provide. If 5 Shards are merged into 1, it goes without saying that only 1 out of 5 houses will be able to exist on the final, merged Shard.... the other 4 houses with their storage from the other 4 Shards will no longer be able to exist and their storage, along with them, will cease to exist.

Transferring storage from Houses to Bank boxes, would, evidently, overcome this issue and still permit to players who will not have a House on the final, merged Shard or will only have a small one, to still be able to have storage as if they had that Castle that they had on 1 of those 5 merged Shards...

Yes, there would still be the issue of lockdowns for items which need a House to be used but this, could be overcome by increasing all houses lockdowns, including for the smallest Houses, and this, a whole lot, thus permitting to even players who manage to only place a small house on the merged Shard, to be able to enjoy using any and all items which need to be locked down.

What I am trying to say is, that it all comes down to "how much" there is a need to Merge multiple Shards into one... if this need is an important one THEN, to my opinion, the issue of storage should be dealt with moving it away from houses and placed it onto Bank boxes "if" it was to be so much wanted to Merge multiple Shards into 1.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,950
    dvvid said:
    Can you even imagine the drama of who gets to keep their houses and who has to start over again with a shard merge? Plots occupying the same spots would be a nightmare to sort out. 
    Not to mention having to deal with House placing scripters who can place a house thanking to using extremely fast scripts, in no time...

It would be a nightmare, no thanks.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    edited June 2023
    All developers over the years have said that shard mergers will never happen, mostly because of housing. While some see a house as a big storage box, many others go to a great deal of trouble to decorate their houses.
    This topic has been addressed so many times, that bringing it up again is clearly a troll meant to inflame.
This discussion has been closed.