CC application closure/crash

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited June 2023 in Bugs
"cast invis/hide
double click dry-docked/deeded high sees ship to place
choose north/south/east/west

move any direction

observe application close"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,257
    Why are you reporting illegal 3rd party client bugs here.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "same is true for house placement tool,

cast invis/hide
    double click house placement tool,
    select a large plot
    move

Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited June 2023

"you're still allowed to use CC in trammel for role play"
    edited June 2023
    "is only fel that CC isn't supported, can still use it and report bugs if affects trammel"
    Yoshi said:

"you're still allowed to use CC in trammel for role play"
    You are still allowed to use CC in Fel also, you just chose to cheat.  You should be BANNED from this forum.
    edited June 2023
    Lord_Frodo said: You are still allowed to use CC in Fel also
    “just tried it, still unusable due to unfixed bugs,
    hit me up when fixed”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    Yoshi said:
    "cast invis/hide
    double click dry-docked/deeded high sees ship to place
    choose north/south/east/west

move any direction

I have just tried this several times, the only thing that happens is I become visible and then run around the coast with the ship attached to the cursor. I am unable to repeat your 'bug'.
    edited June 2023
    " @Mariah what client are you using? and what ship?, did you try house tool too?
    What version of windows too?
    I am experiencing this on win10
    (it's possible its an issue that affects certain video cards only)

and why are you saying "bug"? you think it's working as intended to close application?"
    Yoshi said:
    " @ Mariah what client are you using? and what ship?, did you try house tool too?
    What version of windows too?
    I am experiencing this on win10
    (it's possible its an issue that affects certain video cards only)

and why are you saying "bug"? you think it's working as intended to close application?"
    Why don't you answer the same questions?  Turn off all your cheat shit.
    edited June 2023
    Yoshi said:
    Lord_Frodo said: You are still allowed to use CC in Fel also
    “just tried it, still unusable due to unfixed bugs,
    hit me up when fixed”
    I am in Fel every day and I have no problems, works fine.  You are trying to justify using cheats, knock off the bullshit lies.  @Mesanna @Kyronix @Misk @Mariah @Rorschach is CC banned in Fel?  This persons lies need to be STOPPED before he gets someone banned for using cheats.  Also I thought it was illegal to discuss 3rd party apps or encourage others to use them.  Either ban this stuff or allow it, your choice.  I am tired of hearing all his lies and do not tell me to just ignore him.
    “Just ignore me”
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,991Moderator
    edited June 2023
    As you said the fault was with the CC client, naturally I logged in with that client to test it. It wouldn't make any sense to check for a CC bug in EC would it?
    I attempted to launch a tokuno ship from outside my house in Felucca.

No, I do not think it is 'working as intended' to close the client, however I do suspect that your install of the client may have become corrupted as a result of accessing the server through unauthorised means.

@Lord_Frodo of course CC isn't banned from use in Felucca. The devs would never ban anyone from using a supported, official client. No players, whatever their guild or standing, can enforce a ban as is claimed, they have no authority to do so and anyone obeying their unauthorised edict is putting their account at risk.

"hmm,
    I tried full file patch, and ran client with no add ons,
    still crashes

must be my video card"
    edited June 2023
    Mariah said:
     I do suspect that your install of the client may have become corrupted as a result of accessing the server through unauthorised means.

"This is a great point,

if people are having to install third party stuff for fel bug fixes, 

How people are going to know if bug is uo or third party issue? and who to report to

Should not need to install bug fixes from third party just to play in fel

if someone get their account details hacked because they had to install unauthorised software, broadsword going to help them out? I think not.
    where is broadsword own download link to install bug fixes? should not have to install potential harmful software to play in fel.
    maybe my client broken forever”
    edited July 2023
    " ( i update my graphics driver, issue persists, windows 10 64bit
    not really important though as i can avoid)"