Red rewards

I always wished red players would get more love, its a hard life.

Cant we get red titles or just something cool like Red only weapons, something to entice ppl to be red.

How many counts are you?

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    You do have a solid point that there really is no "perk" to being red since they did away with the bounty system 15-20 years ago (at least then it was bragging rights). 

I think if there was an actual advantage of being red, it would be abused by too many people (probably just kill their alt acct or a guildie to get red for the perk). One thing that I think would be kind of cool would be to have like Bucs Den "Murderer & Thieves Club" where you could only walk through the doors if you were a scofflaw (ie the anti-tram for reds). 

I used to have 400+ counts on my red way back in the day from killing helpless miners/lumberjacks before all the resources became random. My PK also had poisoning so I'd leave poisoned food all around and got quite a few counts from that without even being on screen (I'd get a message that I was reported for murder while looking for people to kill). I stopped playing around when VvV came out and when I returned I wanted to make a treasure hunter because I heard you could get some good items that way. Problem was that I didn't have the character slots available outside of my red who had multiple dupe skills my blue fighter had.That's when I heard about a royal pardon to clear ALL counts. At that point, resource gathering was randomized and there weren't a ton of people in Fel roaming around solo so I decided to just clear all my counts and live out my days as a blue treasure hunter.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112

Cant we get red titles or just something cool like Red only weapons, something to entice ppl to be red.

How many counts are you?

You must forget the other posts you make.  You claim to not go to fel for PvP in other posts..

Also you have claimed you are not on Atl.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • RockoRocko Posts: 174

How many counts are you?

I only took counts when I had to but I never went red (this goes back to 98-00.) I always thought the perk was the ability to be lawless regardless of notoriety.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,843
    Being a Murderous S.O.B. is it's own reward.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Pawain said:

How many counts are you?

You must forget the other posts you make.  You claim to not go to fel for PvP in other posts..

I go to fel maybe once a month when i am extremely bored, I play (removed to protect the identity of the innocent) mostly. You seem like a bit of a stalker
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    Pawain said:

How many counts are you?

I go to fel maybe once a month when i am extremely bored, I play (removed to protect the identity of the innocent) mostly. You seem like a bit of a stalker
    Fact Checker
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • styxstyx Posts: 20
    Not long ago people were using a trick to gate Red's to tram / luna.
    everybody went crazy about and paged GM's.
    Mesanna said on the last M@G 202X who knows when was the last one, that they would probably allow RED's to travel to all facet's, since they cant kill anyone anyway and that would be a good thing bc PK's could finally use Town Bonus.

Any word on that update??

Why should reds get a town bonus?
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Rocko said:
    Because every city should have a governor?? Of course town buffs should only work on the facets they originate from..
  • RonFellowsRonFellows Posts: 93
    Being red shouldn't be rewarded. Anyone can kill a blue character every 5 mins or whatever the timer is and get their counts up. A better idea to reward pvp would be to update vvv. Like any kind of update would be appreciated so long as it doesn't add more restrictions. 
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Being red shouldn't be rewarded. Anyone can kill a blue character every 5 mins or whatever the timer is and get their counts up. A better idea to reward pvp would be to update vvv. Like any kind of update would be appreciated so long as it doesn't add more restrictions. 
    Why i completely agree VvV items should not function in trammel 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    Grimbeard said:Why i completely agree VvV items should not function in trammel 
    “I seen this complaint before I don’t understand it.
    with the exception of the crappy spell books, all VvV items are antique.
    Nobody going to bother using antique items for pvm
    why someone going to keep repairing crimson in pvm for +5 dex?

If anyone doing that, they are wasting their time and silver

if anyone wearing VvV stuff in trammel for pvm it’s cos they forgot to swap it to non vvv and will be kicking themselves when they get message about  equipment damaged”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Grimbeard said:
    Rocko said:
    Because every city should have a governor?? Of course town buffs should only work on the facets they originate from..
    Reds are outcasts. They are chaotic and order is only a casual notion. Reds by their very nature don't have a need to organize into a government.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,169
    edited June 2023
    The original design of the notoriety system was to essentially to discourage people from doing "unjust" things such as murder/stealing. I think the intent was that you would have to think about if it was worth it to wrong someone (murder / steal).

It was actually a decent system in my opinion. You basically had 4 free murders as a blue (needing 48 hours per murder to "consider your sins") and the 5th one made you red which was a disadvantage because you were attackable on sight, you couldn't enter town limits (ie use town benefits) outside of Bucs Den, and I think early on you also would get stat loss? If you wanted to go down that path you had to think about it. My red char had so many counts (before pardons) I do remember thinking that I'd probably just end up deleting that char and starting fresh because there was noway I was sitting at Yew Gate macroing off 400+ hours. I really enjoyed PvP at that point in my life and was pretty good at it (at least not dying) so it gave me a lot of entertainment being red.

Being red now though doesn't really matter because pardons (regular and royal) are so plentiful that there isn't really any repercussion for murdering someone. Now typically the people that are red are also in VvV so they are usually looking for a fight; I wouldn't consider being attackable on sight a detractor anymore (people often flag grey to get the same thing). Literally the only downside of being red anymore is no town buff which honestly doesn't really make or break game play (you would just build your suit differently).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2023
    "you know,
    if you're in VvV, you're attackable on site by everyone anyway, even non VvV members, you can't give murder count or call guards..
    Well, if blue initiate attack in guardzone, you can call guard, but if blue initiate attack outside guardzone, they just turn orange and can continue to attack you in Guardzone and you won't be able to call guards. 

Either way you won't be able to give murder count to anyone"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    If you are flagged for PvP why would you give a murder count?
  • For anyone who doesn't remember, the status of "red" exists as an early attempt to punish rampant anti-social behavior that was wrecking a promising concept called Ultima Online. Here's an article for more:

What happened though was that the anti-social folks began to take pride in it and, eventually, to ask for rewards for what was designed as a punishment. They actually did get rewards, in the form of content (from Khaldun to Power Scrolls to certain bosses and artifacts) exclusive to the facet they in effect ran, designed as lures into their lifestyle.

When these rewards were not enough for them, they asked for more, and years later continue to do so.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 191
    its funny how UO mirrors todays society, or is it the other way around? Greed rules the world, Criminals get rewarded and turned into saints. we put murders up on a  pedestal, Criminals get more rights then their victims, but the innocent victims get forgotten and goes nameless.
  • SaulGoodman1SaulGoodman1 Posts: 285
    Whitewolf said:
    its funny how UO mirrors todays society, or is it the other way around? Greed rules the world, Criminals get rewarded and turned into saints. we put murders up on a  pedestal, Criminals get more rights then their victims, but the innocent victims get forgotten and goes nameless.

Today's?  get some history books and eat em fella