Talisman of ward removal

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
"does not remove attunement buff

expected result: for attunement buff to be removed"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    edited May 2023
    What exactly is a Ward in UO?   Are all Buffs, Wards? 

Uo Guide says:  (after all other attempts changed my search to wart removal)
    • Ward Removal - Can be used to target other players and remove any protective spells from them, such as Protection or Vampire Form  
    So, what is considered a protective spell?

Since Attunement does not last "forever" like the 2 examples above, It may not be considered a Ward,

So does the Talisman remove another type of duration buff?  If it does, logic says it  should remove Attunement also.

Your usual qualifier is if it does it in O#$%& it should do it in UO clients.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “why you commenting if you don’t know?
    and why you quoting uoguide? I can edit that if you want…

it removes all buffs that get removed upon death, gift of renewal, bless, strength/dex potion, everything (or at least has a good chance to), same as purge magic, you can purge attunement off. This is not a client or facet specific bug.

I use third party client now to fix other attunement cool-down bug and nerve strike debuff bug as they are not fixed on CC even though I reported ages ago and continued to pay subscription. And they don’t fix nearest hostile selecting neutral animals etc bug either.
    and I have vision disability and broadsword CC allows other players to adjust MY color settings without affecting them, so I couldn’t  read spells which is obv unacceptable.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    Because I would like to know what UO considers a Ward.  Is that too much to ask?

So it can remove Whispering from a Tamer?

Does it remove Spirituality shield buff?

If it does remove that, it should remove Attunement, they are very similar.
    edited May 2023
    "no, for whatever reason whispering and spirituality is not purgeable either iwth purge magic, ward removal removes buffs that can be purged"
    edited May 2023
    "both purge magic and ward removal should prob remove whispering and spirituality too, don't see why not"

So we return back to, what does UO consider a ward?
    You say any spell or buff should be considered a ward.
    But clearly the game disagrees.

Is it a case of attunement was created after the talisman was made and they did not upgrade the talisman, or was it a decision not to include that spell.

I would go with the former. 
    "thanks for your valuable post"
    Yoshi said:
    "thanks for your valuable post"
    Just as valuable as the OP who can not prove what UO calls a ward.  Thanks for your valuable input tho.

If you dont like it it must be a bug.  And since O$^*%^ does not remove Attunement it is an intended feature.  That is what you base most of your bugs on.  Or did you forget.
    edited May 2023
    "you quoted uoguide which is written by players, i haven't updated it for ages because it was down for years and there's too much work to do,

I am going to quote the official uo wiki

ward removal: Removes any protective spells in effect on a target.

attunement IS a protective spell
    what you got to say about that?

and i don't think i even wrote that, i think it came from a dev.

(I guess then by that description whispering is correctly exempt as not protective
    and spirituality is correctly exempt as buff is not a spell, it's a virtue buff)

"

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    I think the clue to this may lay in the description of the spell, Attunement
    Specifically:
    Area of Effect: 1 Weapon (equipped by enemy target)

Perhaps the spell cannot be removed from the player, because it's not placed on the player in the first place, but on the weapon of the opponent?
    edited May 2023
    "that is wrong, it's not placed on enemy weapon lol
    and you can purge attunement with purge magic, i already said, why i have to repeat?

that is maybe description of when spell was different, when it used to be called attune weapon

arcanist attune's their (own) life force, it's a protective spell, it is the epitome of a ward.

Don't encourage him, he says everything is feature when it's so obvious a bug, plain as day

In fact, you know how i discover it even?

Enemy dismounted me, i casted attunement, one of the enemy put on ward removal talisman and warded me to remove the attunement and i survived because his action of arming a talisman (1 second) using talisman (swapping back to another talisman) another 1 second and it didn't work.

Enemy is obv under impression that it will remove attunement too or else why they spend 2 second time to do it?
    it takes 1200 seconds to recharge this...
    and i was very surprised that i survived and after viewing the footage to work out how i survived its because of this bug

Dev already do nothing about bugs, don't need to give them a reason to do more nothing.
    "