Honor

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited May 2023 in Bugs
"(As far as i'm aware this affects all client)

Bob Honors creature, Bob moves out of range of creature (normally around 15/20+ tiles). Alice tries to honor creature, Alice also receives message saying You started honorable combat
Alice does not gain in perfection when hitting creature.

Expected result: Either for Bob to lose his honor after moving out of range and for Alice to gain in perfection when hitting creature,
Or for Alice to receive message saying somebody else is honoring this oponent regardless of how far away Bob is from the creature

preferably the former"
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    Does Alice get an honor buff bar entry (in EC)?  If not, then the latter is probably the intended behavior, and Alice should get the "Somebody else is honoring this opponent" (1063233).

I think the range checking is relevant when hits are landed (the range e,g. from spells/ranged attacks grants less honor "weight" per hit, based on distance, last I checked).
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited May 2023
    “No buff,
    I would say former is best because, sometimes player honors champ boss, dies, logs out, and still 1 hour later someone else can’t honor??”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited May 2023
    “Ah sorry I said champ boss but I was just using that as an example, affects trammel bosses too EG underwater sometimes people will try to kill and fail and later a bigger group of people will try to kill. So no beed to place bug report straight in trash because I mentioned fel, affects all facets”
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 802
    When Alice tries to honor, the server could check if the current honor source player is active on the subserver.  if not, Alice gets honor.  Leaving battle so thoroughly could be considered dishorable...
    edited May 2023
    "if Bob goes out of range, the 15/20+ tiles or whatever it is, should lose honor, it's what i wrote in OP

Its i'm sure what was intended, if you run away ofcourse you should lose honor...."
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Perhaps this would be better solved from the mob perspective than the players…

For instance, if a mob remains at full health for more than 600 seconds, the honor flag is reset.
    edited May 2023
    "yes that would be a better solution as would prevent a malicious user from getting honor and remaining in the area without hitting it, preventing others from getting honor - in fel you could deal with this situation but not so much in trammel where you can't attack other players

But i am sure the intended result was to lose honor on leaving range, that is why Alice is currently able to honor champ when Bob goes out of range

Also it just is dishonorable to run away

So i think both could be possible"
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,029
    Make it ranged based like a bard song
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,112
    When you honor something doesn't it say something about not running away?

But the distance idea is good. It is already in T Maps if you run away it resets something. Like 16 tiles I think.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.